Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario Ivy Home Charger $1000. rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found an electrician, on the Tesla recommended list, and used by two members of this forum who will install the Gen 3 Tesla wall connector for me. He said that ESA in Ontario has recently approved this (and even two months ago it was not possible). The electrician will set the wall connector to 32 AMP which I understand is fine for my Model 3 and works with my 100 AMP panel. The work is guaranteed for life as long as it is NOT TAMPERED WITH. So I am happy!

I found an electrician, on the Tesla recommended list, and used by two members of this forum who will install the Gen 3 Tesla wall connector for me. He said that ESA in Ontario has recently approved this (and even two months ago it was not possible). The electrician will set the wall connector to 32 AMP which I understand is fine for my Model 3 and works with my 100 AMP panel. The work is guaranteed for life as long as it is NOT TAMPERED WITH. So I am happy!

The RWD M3 SR+ has a max 32A on board charger anyway :)
Not sure if you have the LR or STD+ but either way that's good news.

Reactions: Macchina
I would avoid IVY and go directly with Gen3 Tesla WC, if budget allows and avoid the mobile charger configuration.

The gen3 WC now integrates with Tesla App so you can see in detail what power you draw including power that's not used for charging such as pre conditioning

IMO it sounds like the electrician has some sort of kick back from IVY/Grizzle
The Gen3 WC 100% can pass any inspection for home installations

As always get 2 - 3 quotes from licensed electrician
What is the downside to IVY?
Don't know much about them - and with my 6 months of Free supercharging I'm not rushed to figure out what solution to go with.

What is the downside to IVY?
Don't know much about them - and with my 6 months of Free supercharging I'm not rushed to figure out what solution to go with.

oh you're in the honeymoon phase!

well, it's winter so it's nice to just get home and plug in :) and free up the SC stalls for road trippers

I believe the IVY units cost more and have a J1772 connector so you'll need to use the adapter
If you buy the Tesla wall connector you'll get:

Native NACS connector
Lower cost unit
Easy open/close Tesla charge port button
Tesla app integration

I don't know about warranty etc, look that up.

IVY units are rebranded Grizzl-e units
Grizzl-e gets good reviews but just cost more, i have no personal experience with them. (Canadian company BTW)

oh you're in the honeymoon phase!

well, it's winter so it's nice to just get home and plug in :) and free up the SC stalls for road trippers

I believe the IVY units cost more and have a J1772 connector so you'll need to use the adapter
If you buy the Tesla wall connector you'll get:

Native NACS connector
Lower cost unit
Easy open/close Tesla charge port button
Tesla app integration

I don't know about warranty etc, look that up.

IVY units are rebranded Grizzl-e units
Grizzl-e gets good reviews but just cost more, i have no personal experience with them. (Canadian company BTW)
Thanks, yeah..HC seems like the way to go.

Thanks