Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Onscreen supercharger $$

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the supercharging $$ amount ever disappear from the screen? Tesla have my details so it’s been billed, just wondered if it ever disappears?

31857DCA-C11A-48B6-BBF5-D61F646E4CCE.jpeg

Could you please clarify your answer, does the $ amount still show on the screen as shown above, in the case of Lifetime Free Supercharging? Does it go away, or still show up there to show what it would have cost if it was direct billed to owner's Tesla account?

I have some supercharger credits from the now closed referral program. Supercharging does show up as a charge on my car’s display, but the money is never charged to my credit card (my remaining credit does go down). The amount disappears after a while.

Could you please clarify your answer, does the $ amount still show on the screen as shown above, in the case of Lifetime Free Supercharging? Does it go away, or still show up there to show what it would have cost if it was direct billed to owner's Tesla account?
It also shows the last Supercharge for seemingly forever - until I recently started charging at Broadway, my last was at Goulburn probably in 2019 and it was still displaying. It just shows the cost as $0.00 if you have Lifetime Free Supercharging.

Quick qu re supercharging that I can’t see elsewhere obviously…

What is the current cost to use a supercharger? I see articles from late 2020 saying 52c/kWh…. This seems v expensive compared with the others. Even Chargefox Ultrarapid is 40c/kWh and if you’re with RACQ you get 20% off this…..

If you click on the red teardrop with the number on it on the navigator screen at the supercharger location, it will bring up the charges.
Thanks Leeroy. Sorry I should have clarified. I have a M3LR on order so don’t have the ability to do this yet.

Just after a broad overview of costs… I understand that it can vary, ?most sites per kWh, some tiered per time….

This seems v expensive compared with the others. Even Chargefox Ultrarapid is 40c/kWh and if you’re with RACQ you get 20% off this…..
Evie Ultrarapids are 60c/kWh though, so Tesla is right in the middle there.

Remember too they're not exactly the same grade of service. I'm a fan of Chargefox, but it's undeniable that right now, you're more likely to find a free, working ultrafast charger if you hit a Supercharger site (eg. the Port Macquarie site has only one ultrafast working right now, the Goulburn site has none).

Tesla have stated that their Supercharger network is priced on a cost-recovery basis, not as a profit centre - and right now I see no reason to doubt that. We have seen price reductions as well as price rises in the past.

It’s all relative I think, my mrs is looking for an EV and was looking at a mini you. Great car for the same price as an SR+….. with half the range?!

After I explained all the pros (and cons) of an M3, I went through the supercharger network which sold her. Yes there are plenty of other chargers available that are cheaper etc, but the Tesla ones work, there is frequently one available at least for a few years to come and IMO are to extend your driving range rather than charge daily. It is more expensive, but how often do you use it? Superchargers are 2.5x my home energy charge so we would be crazy to rely on this.

Reactions: Wol747