Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Media Player disappears!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My media player that streams music disappears from the bottom left side of the screen and sometimes appears on the top right side of the screen and occasionally disappears altogether unless I keep the streaming app in the front. It disappears as soon as I switch to maps or any other app. Only way to bring it back is to reboot the computer which is annoying while I am driving. Any remedy for this weird problem? Tesla has done a bad job with the media player. Its getting worse!

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
Are you sure you are not swiping it down? The "card" interface on the left hand side of the screen can b swiped away entirely. It actually minimizes it into an icon on the bar that looks like music notes. Specifically for the music, when you minimize the card that contains the music controls down, they move back to the music app on the right side.

Based on the description, it sounds very much like you are either accidently, or on purpose, swiping the card with the music controls down.

Are you sure you are not swiping it down? The "card" interface on the left hand side of the screen can b swiped away entirely. It actually minimizes it into an icon on the bar that looks like music notes. Specifically for the music, when you minimize the card that contains the music controls down, they move back to the music app on the right side.

Based on the description, it sounds very much like you are either accidently, or on purpose, swiping the card with the music controls down.
You may be right! I never noticed any icon but like I said, It appears on the right upper end sometimes! Other times it disappears! I am going to pay close attention to how it happens! I thought it was Tesla trying to discourage people from fiddling on the monitor while driving and encouraging to use the steering wheel buttons!!😂