Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my case I asked do I get to keep it. He said all yours. Not even a pipe. My 48amp is up for sale. Not sure what to ask. So went for 1k OBO.

Side note they said they are going to get me some new headlights(dying brow). Might take time, but out of warranty I am good with time.
FYI - My non-working 40A charger sold for $150 + $100 shipping on ebay. I started at $500 OBO + shipping.

It wasn't just a blown fuse though.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
You should ask to get your old charger back, as it is likely worth a chunk of change to someone that wants to repair it and could offset your costs. (Most likely just one or two of the internal fuses blew.)
I just had my on-board charger replaced on my 2013 Tesla model S and they said the old charger had a thousand-dollar core charge credit. So, if I wanted my old charger, it would be another $1000.00. The bill for this service at Tesla was $2500.00 out the door.

• Informative
Reactions: All In and MP3Mike
After sleeping on it last night.. the real problem here is they don't offer a core charge for the charger. They're happy to take it if you don't ask for it back, but they should give you a core charge for 80-85% of the cost of the remanned charger they put in. That would eliminate the whole issue.
I just had my on-board charger replace on 12-27-2021 on my 2013 Tesla model S. The cost was $2500.00. I asked for my old charger and they explained that I would have to pay another $1000.00 if I wanted it back because that's the core value.

In case you want to try to repair it yourself, assuming you haven't had Tesla do it, here is a video that shows how to replace the fuse:

And someone did a sort of companion piece on opening up their charger and replacing the fuse: Car Unable to Charge
Then times harder to pull out the on-board charger from a RAV4EV but finally got it done. Thank you for your video. It gave me the inspiration to check the fuses after checking the DC DC converter fuses that the dealership told me was the problem. Those fuses were fine but the onboard charger fuses were blow. I saved a whole lot of trial and error watching your video.