Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK.. Where did *that* green come from!?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How so please? I'm pretty much a blue car guy. All of the pics I've seen make the blue look way too dark. Almost black. Please elaborate in case I don't get to see one in the wild.

The one I saw is basically a black car with blue highlights. The only time it will ever look blue is in strong direct sunlight. Basically, Tesla has three shades of black, two whites, two reds, brown, grey, and silver. The take-away is that Elon likes black the most.

The one I saw is basically a black car with blue highlights. The only time it will ever look blue is in strong direct sunlight. Basically, Tesla has three shades of black, two whites, two reds, brown, grey, and silver. The take-away is that Elon likes black the most.

I think that's the best way to describe it. I like black cars (my last two have been black), and this very dark blue does look good to me. The web site photos are of a much lighter shade of blue. This thread has a shot of a blue Model S indoors, which I think is a pretty good representation.

Franz and Elon fight about it, Elon won on the nose cone, will see what happens on the "new" red.