Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, just bought a 2021 Model 3 LR (built late 2020 at Fremont).

I'm in the UK and can see I've got a E5D battery (LG) based on my V5C, which I believe is fairly rare for a UK Model 3 LR built in the US (and not China).

I've read that this started with a 74.5/75kWh nominal battery capacity, however Tessie is stating this to be 77.8kWh based on the average for this model.

Should I change this to 74.5/75 kWh to get a more accurate reflection of the battery degradation or does Tessie know more than the official estimates of nominal battery capacity for the E5D battery?

It does not know if you have a special one off battery. A good way to tell which number is correct when you are uncertain is to look at your measurements vs the fleet degradation average. If you are consistently underperforming and 74.5 or whatever puts you more in line with fleet performance it is very likely correct.

Reactions: zoomer0056
It does not know if you have a special one off battery. A good way to tell which number is correct when you are uncertain is to look at your measurements vs the fleet degradation average. If you are consistently underperforming and 74.5 or whatever puts you more in line with fleet performance it is very likely correct.
Thank you, that makes sense.

From reading it's not a special one-off battery, but seems to be only a very small amount of time they put LG E5D batteries in to Model 3's built in the US and shipped to Europe. I believe they then moved UK Model 3 production to China with the E5D.

I can only see they did this because my VIN confirms built in the US and my UK V5C confirms the E5D battery.

Hi there,

Love the new update, I have a question: since enabling next-gen connectivity, I haven't had any of my iOS Shortcuts that run through Tessie work (climate conditioning, trunk, etc) -- do I need to enable direct telemetry for this function to be restored?

Is it enabled? Tap the info circle next to the vehicle name and tap Manage Direct Telemetry.
Yup, the instructions in the FAQ say to enable. I'm always telling people to read the manual, I should take my own advice.

Full data is now showing. I am interested now to monitor battery temp.

Will the app and all new data affect a car's sleep cycle.

Great app!

Hi there,

Love the new update, I have a question: since enabling next-gen connectivity, I haven't had any of my iOS Shortcuts that run through Tessie work (climate conditioning, trunk, etc) -- do I need to enable direct telemetry for this function to be restored?
You need to enable permissions. Tap start climate in the app and it will help you set it up.
Yup, the instructions in the FAQ say to enable. I'm always telling people to read the manual, I should take my own advice.

Full data is now showing. I am interested now to monitor battery temp.

Will the app and all new data affect a car's sleep cycle.

Great app!
It will not affect anything.

James, I switched to new direct telemetry this afternoon, set up the virtual key and activated it, since then it keeps saying "pending establishing a back door connection..." or something to that effect.
Is it normal to take this long?

James, I switched to new direct telemetry this afternoon, set up the virtual key and activated it, since then it keeps saying "pending establishing a back door connection..." or something to that effect.
Is it normal to take this long?
It can take up to a day in some cases. In a future car update this will happen faster.

Please send your VIN and account email to [email protected]. Tesla will investigate the slow syncing to see if there's an underlying issue.

Done and thank you
I also upgraded and it took a day and a half to sync the car.
1000028558.jpg

How often does this page update? My Requests
I've made several requests from my cli and via a shell script that aren't populating here over the last few hours.
Thanks
It should update instantly. There's a bug here that's being addressed.
What would be a good endpoint to call every X minutes to keep the car awake? For example while archiving sentry footage using TeslaUSB.
I have tried the "state" endpoint with use_cache=false every 5 minutes and the car will fall asleep still using this.
Enabling Sentry Mode is by far the most effective way to keep it awake. It doesn't need the USB drive.

Is there a way to filter Drives by date range? I only see these options.
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 3.58.59 PM.png

If I choose a date from the calendar, I only see the drives for that day, and can go forward or backward by one day.

Some options/feature enhancements:

1. Allow date range filter
2. Allow month view, in addition to day view, and allow navigation forward back by month.

Thx

Reactions: zoomer0056
Is there a way to filter Drives by date range? I only see these options.
View attachment 1033153

If I choose a date from the calendar, I only see the drives for that day, and can go forward or backward by one day.

Some options/feature enhancements:

1. Allow date range filter
2. Allow month view, in addition to day view, and allow navigation forward back by month.

Thx
In your screenshot, tap one date in the calendar and then tap another.