Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now that production has resumed, how long before we find out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For people that tow the S is a nonstarter.
For people who like the utility of a lift back the Model 3 is a nonstarter. I think that's why the Model Y was so anticipated and is selling well — the tow hitch makes the Y even better.

I sure like my lift back Model S, although I agree that a hitch would be useful for some.

Air mattress in Model S20190523sf_060004.jpg
^ Camping at Yellowstone NP; the weather was cold, with rain and sleet, while I was snug and dry in my S.

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
SUVs rarely look better than the sleek 4 door sedans they are based upon.

While the sedans look better, handle better, are more efficient, faster, and lighter, they are almost sales proof on the showroom floor. SUVs have taken the fancy of Americans wanting the additional capabilities that come with the additional interior room plus greater towing capacity. People want the additional ground clearance and the comand seating position.

Yes, that is all true of sedans.

But once you own a SUV ... hard to do without it. Handles towing, kids, dogs, camping, hauling, and sports equipment - but doesn't ride like a truck. Huge reasons they have been such a runaway success, even for people that never leave the paved roads.

When we started down this EV journey, an SUV is what we really wanted. Unfortunately, gf and I both had same reaction to the X: meh. The glass roof is great, but after that ...

We are happy with our choice of the S, but we will always have an SUV in the family - EV or not.

Everybody has their own reasons for selecting their personal transportation. I really wanted a beautiful S, but have a bad back that makes getting in and out painful for me. I feel bad when people say my X is ugly. Not sure why they are so nasty and act so superior.

Last edited:
Reactions: brkaus
Everybody has their own reasons for selecting their personal transportation. I really wanted a beautiful S, but have a bad back that makes getting in and out painful for me. I feel bad when people say my X is ugly. Not sure why they are so nasty and act so superior.
If trees could make conversation when you want it and mix a good drink, who needs people!

I agree unveil late February. With all the competition coming, facelift needed. Current reservation holders a small issue. Most will take it when they see it and see the price break they got.

• Helpful
Reactions: Colo10is

I don’t really understand why the X is perceived as ugly by some. The X isn’t as attractive as the S but I consider it a sleek Crossover and looks a heckuva lot better than your traditional boxy SUVs. I definitely would consider going from our S to an X (but not a Y) even though I generally dislike driving SUVs.

*That’s not to say the Y is bad. The Y is an incredible value, but doesn’t feel like a fully qualified upgrade coming from our Raven S.

I definitely would consider going from our S to an X (but not a Y) even though I generally dislike driving SUVs.
Same boat, catch myself looking at the 'ugly SUV' X more and more often to have more than 5 seats and yet better flexibility.

Cargo capacity, the S is terrific already. But bringing 4 with ski means roof rack, as the seats won't fold accordingly. Same with bikes - and these would really belong onto a tow hitch.