Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No rear tow hook?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested in getting a MYLR. Found a video that showed the tow hitch, but it did not have a rear tow hook attachment point even though it had the circle pop out as seen at 8:05 in this video.

for those of you who don't have factory installed tow hitch is there a rear tow hook attachment point?

tyia

I'm interested in getting a MYLR. Found a video that showed the tow hitch, but it did not have a rear tow hook attachment point even though it had the circle pop out as seen at 8:05 in this video.

for those of you who don't have factory installed tow hitch is there a rear tow hook attachment point?

tyia

Its part of the crash bar, which is lost when the tow hitch is installed.

Its part of the crash bar, which is lost when the tow hitch is installed.
Wow, how could anyone know this would be useless if tow hitch is installed? I got stuck in deep snow and CHP and I couldn't understand what this "hole" was if not for tow capabilities. Instead we used my attached bike rack hitch - less than ideal and certainly not intended for towing but there really were no other options other than wait for spring thaw ...