Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No 2022 Model 3 CVRP Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, not like you can take a word from advisors as 100% accurate, but I responded back to my 'Welcome to Tesla' text I received to ask about this. This is the response I got:
"That is correct; the MSRP for the RWD will be $44,990, so this will be the only trim that qualifies."

This matches up with what I suspected so to be safe, I guess I will be sticking with our RWD order. It's not a big deal for me to be with less power, as much as I really enjoyed this Performance model, I never got to track it. This will be sufficient to hold us over until a truck EV comes along.

The MVPA will have the breakdown. I don't think you'll receive it until the car is ready for delivery. Maybe, someone with a Model 3 can confirm their MVPA details. OCJeff already confirmed the model Y details.

Just got off the phone with the CVRP people and she acts like it is fine but I had my doubts. So I asked my sales agent guy who I text with and he JUST got back to me that the long range package does show up as a separate item which makes me think it would qualify. Sadly the CVRP lady told me I don’t qualify for another Tesla rebate even though my first was in early 2019 (I read if it was before late 2019 you can qualify for more rebates so I’m confused on that front now). She said I can get a fuel cell vehicle rebate but not another Tesla type. She said I could have a wife or coborrower listed and I could still be listed as long as there is one new person listed as well. Sadly I’m single so I appear SOL 😭

Window sticker should suffice…. Right?

244E218B-92AC-4FD4-9530-4671CBADB338.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting, so I called CVRP as well. The lady on the line said that it shouldn't matter what 'trim' level you get. If their site says the vehicle is eligible, it's eligible. So that would mean all trims of Model 3 and Y qualify (both show up as eligible vehicles on their list for 2022).

That would be good news if so, and I may switch to the AWD if that's the case. Just have to weigh the differences and see if it makes sense for us. I think resale wise, either will hold their value well.

Interesting, so I called CVRP as well. The lady on the line said that it shouldn't matter what 'trim' level you get. If their site says the vehicle is eligible, it's eligible. So that would mean all trims of Model 3 and Y qualify (both show up as eligible vehicles on their list for 2022).

That would be good news if so, and I may switch to the AWD if that's the case. Just have to weigh the differences and see if it makes sense for us. I think resale wise, either will hold their value well.
You’ve never had a Tesla before? This will be your first time getting a rebate from CVRP?

You'd think I would remember right? lol. This is my 4th Tesla, but the last time I applied was 3 years ago and I don't remember what documentation I had to submit. I have my application saved, but doesn't include supplementary documentation that I included.
I'm sure you are aware (and this may not apply to you), but....

Individual and business applicants are not eligible to receive more than one CVRP rebate either via direct purchase and/or lease as of December 3, 2019. Applicants who have not already met their rebate limit prior to December 3, 2019, will be eligible for one additional rebate. Those that have already met their two-rebate limit will remain ineligible for an additional rebate. Individuals or businesses that have met the rebate limit with non-fuel cell vehicles may apply for one additional rebate for an eligible fuel cell vehicle. This fuel cell vehicle exception does not apply to Rebate Now applications.

What you listed isn't the MVPA. I don't think the CVRP people will accept this as documentation.

Someone should probably look at their MVPA and see what's listed for a standard range and post it for you. OCjeff posted his Model Y MVPA and I don't see why it would be different for a model 3.
Correct, I don’t have the purchase agreement yet, but as was stated, it seems the CVRP just bundled all Model 3 trims together and will qualify all of them (that’s what they stated on phone at least).

Edit: Actually, I think it was the other fellow that had the doubts. The posts are beginning to look the same to me. 🤣
🤣
Haha yeah, too many different comments. I feel confident any of the trims of 3 or Y qualify but my cheap self is feeling like sticking with the RWD for now since I only need this until my Cybertruck/Rivian reservation comes up. I feel the range is fine at 100% charging...but I'm used to all the features on my M3P so I am torn. I will probably end up just sticking with the current RWD order though.

Haha yeah, too many different comments. I feel confident any of the trims of 3 or Y qualify but my cheap self is feeling like sticking with the RWD for now since I only need this until my Cybertruck/Rivian reservation comes up. I feel the range is fine at 100% charging...but I'm used to all the features on my M3P so I am torn. I will probably end up just sticking with the current RWD order though.
The LR is about 10k more? That's a lot of supercharging or electricity. Or accessories for the M3P or SR. :D

The LR is about 10k more? That's a lot of supercharging or electricity. Or accessories for the M3P or SR. :D
Haha no doubt. In the end, the only thing that really matters is that I am selling it again in a year or so to get into a truck, so as long as depreciation isn't a huge hit, I am good with either model. But yes, ~$10k can be used for much better things that actually make money. Which is why like I said, my cheapness will probably have me keep the RWD

Haha no doubt. In the end, the only thing that really matters is that I am selling it again in a year or so to get into a truck, so as long as depreciation isn't a huge hit, I am good with either model. But yes, ~$10k can be used for much better things that actually make money. Which is why like I said, my cheapness will probably have me keep the RWD
I like your optimism. Someone will produce one by next year. I predict you'll be a Rivian owner. :)
:):)

Reactions: derekmw
I do have to wonder if CVRP will be removing the Model 3 and Model Y entirely from the list during the next revision of this July, as the base MSRP limit for sedans is $45k, $60k for SUVs, which the recent price increase for the base Model of 3 and Y hit above the base MSRP limit ($47k and $63k respectively).