Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 and MY eligible for CA CVRP rebate after Tesla price cuts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a confirmation that Tesla has definitely applied for CVRP and will soon appear on the Eligible Vehicles list: Can I apply for a rebate for my Tesla Model 3 or Tesla Model Y? | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

The CVRP website says:

Tesla orders placed on or after January 12, 2023

You may be eligible for a CVRP rebate if you ordered a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y on or after January 12, 2023. To be eligible, the vehicle must be on the CVRP eligible vehicles page within 90 days of first registration. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.

Reactions: tfan1210

You may be eligible for a CVRP rebate if you ordered a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y on or after January 12, 2023. To be eligible, the vehicle must be on the CVRP eligible vehicles page, and you must apply, within 90 days of registering your vehicle. The Model 3 and Model Y’s vehicle eligibility request is currently under review. Once the request has been approved and the vehicle is added to the eligibility list, you may submit an application. Please continue to check the eligible vehicle list as the list is updated regularly. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.”

You may be eligible for a CVRP rebate if you ordered a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y on or after January 12, 2023. To be eligible, the vehicle must be on the CVRP eligible vehicles page, and you must apply, within 90 days of registering your vehicle. The Model 3 and Model Y’s vehicle eligibility request is currently under review. Once the request has been approved and the vehicle is added to the eligibility list, you may submit an application. Please continue to check the eligible vehicle list as the list is updated regularly. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.”

This comment took a few days to post (new account) and Tesla Model Y (and 3) now show up on the list.

Has anyone tried to get this to apply to vehicles that were also sold from Dec 22 - Dec 31 when they were running the $7500 promo? M3 and MY were definitely under the 45k and 60k caps then too.
This is the response I got regarding purchase date before Jan 12.

Hello,

Thank you for your email! At this time, Tesla model 3 and Tesla model Y are only accepted if they are ordered on or before March 15, 2022 or on or after January 12, 2023. The Tesla order date is the date the vehicle was ordered. Solely for Tesla, the date of purchase is the first date of registration when you do an application with us. Teslas are only eligible at the time they were on our list of vehicles after the vehicle manufacturer applied and was added to our list. Thank you!

Can I apply for a rebate for my Tesla Model 3 or Tesla Model Y? | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

Tesla has been in contact with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and made this decision to remove themselves from the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). CARB will not be adjusting their MSRP cap to allow Tesla vehicles to qualify for the program. No exceptions can be made to this requirement. All concerns regarding their participation in our program should be directed to Tesla.

I encourage you to visit www.driveclean.ca.gov where you can perform a search based on your vehicle type and zip code to see if there are any other incentives available to you at this time. Thank you for your investment in clean vehicle technology.

CVRP Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

3980 Sherman Street, Suite 170
San Diego, CA 92110-4314
Office (866) 984-2532
[email protected]
cleanvehiclerebate.org

When did you apply? I did mine on 2/13 (registered & uploaded documents) and still in-process status. Thanks.
I applied on 2/13 and uploaded the docs immediately after. I received an email verifying documents were received at 3:34 PM. Not sure if it matters, but I submitted a prior application on 2/07 but it was rejected the following day (because the MY wasn't on the eligible vehicle list yet).

Did anyone else have their CVRP application rejected due to the "order date" for the car being earlier than January 12th, 2023 despite the car itself being delivered after January 12th and after Tesla reduced the price to be eligible?

I received the following rejection email: "Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately this vehicle would not qualify for the rebate as it appears to have been ordered on [order date from 2022]. The date of agreement is the day the vehicle was received however, for the order date we must go by the “Accepted by Customer on” date as seen on the first page the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (vehicle configuration). I apologize for the inconvenience and please let me know if you have any further questions."

Does anyone know if the person is interpreting the rules correctly, or do I need to try to appeal the decision somehow and/or provide alternate documentation? Looking at the order agreement pdf from Tesla's website for my car I can see where the confusion comes from because page 1 does indeed list the 2022 date when I originally ordered the car, but page 2 lists the date I actually took delivery in 2023 which was after the price drop.

Also I already tried politely explaining to the person the page 1 vs page 2 dates as well as asking him to just check the actual price I paid (the price after the discount this year) to see that it's after the price change, and he proceeded to basically just double down and reiterate about how he only cares about the earlier date listed on page 1.

Last edited:
Did anyone else have their CVRP application rejected due to the "order date" for the car being earlier than January 12th, 2023 despite the car itself being delivered after January 12th and after Tesla reduced the price to be eligible?

I received the following rejection email: "Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately this vehicle would not qualify for the rebate as it appears to have been ordered on [order date from 2022]. The date of agreement is the day the vehicle was received however, for the order date we must go by the “Accepted by Customer on” date as seen on the first page the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (vehicle configuration). I apologize for the inconvenience and please let me know if you have any further questions."

Does anyone know if the person is interpreting the rules correctly, or do I need to try to appeal the decision somehow and/or provide alternate documentation? Looking at the order agreement pdf from Tesla's website for my car I can see where the confusion comes from because page 1 does indeed list the 2022 date when I originally ordered the car, but page 2 lists the date I actually took delivery in 2023 which was after the price drop.

Also I already tried politely explaining to the person the page 1 vs page 2 dates as well as asking him to just check the actual price I paid (the price after the discount this year) to see that it's after the price change, and he proceeded to basically just double down and reiterate about how he only cares about the earlier date listed on page 1.
Your OD is prior to 1/12/23? Then unfortunately you do not qualify based on their rules.

OD between 3/16/22 and 1/11/23 = NO
OD on or after 1/12/23 = YES
Delivery\pickup = N/A

Tesla MVOA and MVPA (see below for description) has the date when order was officially acknowledged by Tesla, this is what CVRP is going by, not by the delivery\pickup date that you're referring to that was after 1/12/23.

1677299473345.png

1677299815058.png

1677299850946.png

Your OD is prior to 1/12/23? Then unfortunately you do not qualify based on their rules.

OD between 3/16/22 and 1/11/23 = NO
OD on or after 1/12/23 = YES
Delivery\pickup = N/A

Tesla MVOA and MVPA (see below for description) has the date when order was officially acknowledged by Tesla, this is what CVRP is going by, not by the delivery\pickup date that you're referring to that was after 1/12/23.

View attachment 910993

View attachment 910998
View attachment 910999

Ah ok that sucks, I initially assumed it'd be based on the date I actually paid for the vehicle and took delivery, not the day I placed the order online originally given how long Tesla's delivery times used to be.

Reactions: chobra
Why $2,000 shouldn't it be $4,500?

Higher rebate amount only applies to certain income limited applicants, read this page to know if you qualify:

And make sure you even qualify for the base rebate amount:

Limited income with multiple claimed dependents = higher rebate amount
Not limited income but under the income cap = base rebate amount
High income above income cap = no rebate

The above only applies to cars registered in California btw
Chicago, IL =not applicable
New Chicago, CA = yes

Last edited: