Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to post a nice photo I took of our LEAF today, not working - so just two things:
kinda weird looking is Not Necessarily the same thing as 'ugly'. :cool:
And, if you have a cherry Pacer today isn't it worth about the cost of a Model S?

ok three things: I'll just keep saying it - getting around without hauling a tank of juice & an ICE, THAT'S Beautiful!!

ok three things: I'll just keep saying it - getting around without hauling a tank of juice & an ICE, THAT'S Beautiful!!

+1
Went skiing a few weeks back. We pulled up behind a Leaf at the loading zone below the lift. How nice it was that the car in front of us wasn't spewing stinky stuff in our face while we unloaded our gear. And it was quiet. It looked awfully nice just then, especially compared to the BMW that pulled up behind us and ruined it.

Automakers are asking big premiums for electric cars and plug-in hybrids. Nissan smartened up with the 2013 Leaf by dropping its price to $28,800. In 2012 they started at $35,200. The revised sticker combined with federal and state tax incentives mean the Leaf can come in under the $20,000 mark – a huge milestone for what many consider to be the industry benchmark in electric cars.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Automakers are asking big premiums for electric cars and plug-in hybrids. Nissan smartened up with the 2013 Leaf by dropping its price to $28,800. In 2012 they started at $35,200. The revised sticker combined with federal and state tax incentives mean the Leaf can come in under the $20,000 mark – a huge milestone for what many consider to be the industry benchmark in electric cars.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Smartened up?
Tell that to early adopters like me who bought or leased them and now see a 60% hit within 10 months.

That's pretty much standard with new technology. You buy early and you have to expect to pay the price, and then expect a better cheaper version to come along. That's the curse of the early adopter.
I agree with you to an extent. But 60% after 10 months is not early adopter pricing.
Unless you're one of the unlucky people who bought a Fisker. Who knows what a Karma is worth?
But a Leaf? No. Not 60%.
As an argument to your suggestion, our Model S's are now "guaranteed" not lose more than 60% ish after 3 years. Not 10 months.

Smartened up?
Tell that to early adopters like me who bought or leased them and now see a 60% hit within 10 months.
I bought a LEAF and have not seen anywhere close to that amount of depreciation. Show the math...

Sure, early leasers may be worse off, but you always have the option of terminating the lease early and getting a new one. Shouldn't take much math to figure out how much you need to reduce your monthly payment to break even.

I bought a LEAF and have not seen anywhere close to that amount of depreciation. Show the math...

Sure, early leasers may be worse off, but you always have the option of terminating the lease early and getting a new one. Shouldn't take much math to figure out how much you need to reduce your monthly payment to break even.
Math?
How about a lease that I started a year ago at $550 per month? Now $199 a month?
Try terminating their lease early!

Leaf & Model S Owners,

How do you feel the performance of your LEAF stacks up to the Model S? Certainly, the S can pour on the torque and keep pouring it on through 60mph. How does the LEAF compare? Pedal-to-the-metal, do you get a LEAF smile that resembles the vaunted Tesla smile in any way?

Leaf & Model S Owners,

How do you feel the performance of your LEAF stacks up to the Model S? Certainly, the S can pour on the torque and keep pouring it on through 60mph. How does the LEAF compare? Pedal-to-the-metal, do you get a LEAF smile that resembles the vaunted Tesla smile in any way?

Definitely no comparison, much like a Mercedes S600 to a sprightly small oil car.

The LEAF tends to fall off the power at around 45mph, but below that, it is quite peppy. Above that speed, all the way to 94mph, it's just average.

I wish the Leaf allowed both full acceleration and full regen on the same mode. Right now you need to switch to eco mode to get strong regen, but it also nerfs the acceleration. On regular mode you get full accel but weak regen.

MY2014 has that feature: Splits regen and ECO in two buttons. Now the shift lever switches between D and B, and the ECO mode has a dedicate button in the wheel, so you can get full regen with full power.

The LEAF tends to fall off the power at around 45mph, but below that, it is quite peppy. Above that speed, all the way to 94mph, it's just average.

Yeah, I second that. I would say around town, 0-40MPH, the LEAF is actually somewhat fun to dart around. No smoking tires, but it doesn't embarrass when the stoplight turns green either. But after 40MPH things start to head to the "just adequate" category with no fun factor other than the serene quiet.

It doesn't attempt to accelerate like a Tesla.

Mine is the top of the line model. Whatever it's called.
SL
MY2014 has that feature: Splits regen and ECO in two buttons. Now the shift lever switches between D and B, and the ECO mode has a dedicate button in the wheel, so you can get full regen with full power.
MY2014?!?!? Maybe in your country the models years are a year ahead of everywhere (?) else... The '13 Leaf just starting shipping a few months ago which I believe also has the changes you mention.