Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^ My thoughts too. Is the Esflow actually able to do those numbers or are they complete fantasy?

I expect so. The Esflow used two motors, one for each rear wheel, whereas the RC apparently has one.

Of course, the Esflow will probably never see a track so it can't be said with all certainty but the fact remains that the RC's performance is pretty abysmal.

How's it feel compared to your truck?

Very different considering they both have about the same power AC motor, and similar battery pack capacity.

Short comparison:
I am a bit lower in the Leaf (even though the Leaf is a somewhat tall sedan, it isn't a truck.)
The Leaf corners with less wobble, and cruises through bumps more smoothly than the truck.
Neither vehicle lives up to the 4 wheel double a-arms of the Lexus I had been driving, but both show that even a crude suspension can do well when most of the weight is down low. (The truck has leaf springs "for pete's sake", and the Leaf has a solid beam rear axle.)
Off the line the truck actually feels a bit quicker, but it is geared for lower top speed, and doesn't seem as optimized for efficiency.
The Leaf is front wheel drive, and the truck if rear wheel drive. Full acceleration off the line produces a tad of torque steer in the Leaf, but none in the truck.
Once I get up to about 50MPH the Leaf feels like it has more power and does a lot better for freeway passing.
The range difference is very noticeable. The truck just barely makes it home->work->home daily on my long commute, but the Leaf has plenty of extra range for lunch trips and such. That is perhaps one of the most noticeable differences to me is watching the range gauge diminish more slowly. Being used to ~60mile range, now having ~90 mile range seems huge. (well it is ~50% more!)
With a Tesla Roadster, I barely thought about the range except when stopping somewhere, but with Leaf and the old truck one needs to keep an eye on the range gauge regularly to make sure you are safe to make it to a charge spot.
I love the backup camera in the Leaf. It seems even better than the Roadster backup camera, showing guide lines to back into a parking space without having to think to hard about it.
Mostly at the end of the day, the Leaf just feels newer and higher tech. Playing with the iPhone app, monitoring charging, setting climate control, and getting charge station updates for the GPS was something I never could do with the old truck.

By the way, if anyone wants to trade a Roadster for a Leaf...

Last edited:
Oh and by the way, the dealer remarked that Tesla corp. had come in and bought a Leaf from them already.
So, I don't feel much need to goad Tesla with tales of great Leaf features - they will know first hand.
(And I suppose they might even take it apart to learn even more about it.)

I dropped by Nissan in Hong Kong yesterday, as I was picking up my wife's 7-seater from it's regular service.

There were 2 leafs in the service bay, prepped for delivery. Nice registration labels, but no highway permits. Salesman told me there are 200 coming for government and special trials at some large corporations. General availability to the public should be around the end of 2011.

Leaf should be fantastic for Hong Kong. Range is fine as this is a small place, and we have 220/240volts power as standard.

More RangerEV vs Leaf observations:

Leaf steering is very light. (Truck steering is definitely power assisted but not as much as the Leaf.)
Leaf likes to coast. (The truck has more off accelerator regen, particularly when shifting into "E" mode instead of "D".)
Basically the Leaf is a little soft & cushy like a Buick or Oldsmobile. A tad on the bland side but it goes along with the "effortless driving" feel of the car.
A bit of a "magic carpet" ride with no serious performance handling aspirations.
All the standard telematic and electronic features are very nice. Decent bluetooth handsfree. XM sat radio. Realtime traffic updates on the Nav. Can set it to automatically add charge locations to the map every time you plug in someplace new. I assume that Model S will have all of that and then some.