Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next gen seats for non-P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the weird thing. When NG became available for the S85D, Design Studio showed front NG only (as currently). But in my order change request, I specifically requested front and rear NG. The Design PDF used to show old gen (as only available in February), then it was updated when i upgraded and it now shows NG front and rear, which was never an option in design studio. I'm VERY curious as to what I'll get.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

That's the weird thing. When NG became available for the S85D, Design Studio showed front NG only (as currently). But in my order change request, I specifically requested front and rear NG. The Design PDF used to show old gen (as only available in February), then it was updated when i upgraded and it now shows NG front and rear, which was never an option in design studio. I'm VERY curious as to what I'll get.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

NG Front & Rear was available for S85D on 3/2 when I placed my order.

NG Front & Rear was available for S85D on 3/2 when I placed my order.
Yes, there was a week or so when they were first available to non P85D cars that they were configured for front and back at $3500, then it changed to $2500 for new orders for front only. I had the front and rear locked in on my 85D config until I changed colors recently, then had to give them up as part of accepting the new price book with the new colors.

Is there anyone else who hates the next-gen seats? I don't suppose I'll be able to buy used original-model seats and retrofit them in new Teslas in 10 years... so I guess I'll be keeping my model for a very long time, at least until there's a "third gen seat".

- - - Updated - - -

I would hope not. I don't fit them. My legs and thighs are entirely the wrong shape for such aggressive bolsters. Removing the standard seat would basically remove me as a customer for any new Tesla (beyond the one I'm ordering now), which would be deeply disappointing. I don't think they would do that anyway, as it seems that the textile seats aren't changing. Eliminating the basic seats in leather without eliminating them in textile as well doesn't seem like the kind of decision Tesla would make.

OK, so there is someone else who agrees with me on this. (The huge bolsters are quite unacceptable to me as well, and I don't know why they're popular these days.) Unfortunatley, this does seem to me to be the kind of decision Tesla would make. :-(

If anyone has black NG seats and decided they don't like them, I'd be happy to trade (and pay $$) for a swap. I picked up a 2015 85D inventory car, and one option I would have loved was NG seats. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, and the savings ($6500 off MSRP) made the 1,200 miles on the car no big deal. But, I'd love to get NG seats.. realize how unlikely that is, but figured I'd throw that out here.. :)