Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade Center armrest/console from gen 1 to gen 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody! I bought a model s from 2014 with the original yacht floor. I really love the new armrest in the newest model s/x, and i know that some people have upgraded the gen 1 center console to the newer gen 2 console. Does anyone know if there are any big differences size wise in the gen 3 center console?
If not,does anyone have a pattern of the bolts used to secure the center consoles to the floor? I have attached a picture to show an example of the newest center console. This one for example has a cracked rear screen but custs 400€

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231106_133510_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231106_133510_Gallery.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 65
Hello everybody! I bought a model s from 2014 with the original yacht floor. I really love the new armrest in the newest model s/x, and i know that some people have upgraded the gen 1 center console to the newer gen 2 console. Does anyone know if there are any big differences size wise in the gen 3 center console?
If not,does anyone have a pattern of the bolts used to secure the center consoles to the floor? I have attached a picture to show an example of the newest center console. This one for example has a cracked rear screen but custs 400€
Not entirely sure, but I don't think that will work/fit.
The old MS's don't have power to the rear, so the screen won't work. Some gen 2's had USB-C in the back of the console, but still don't think that would work a screen. Wires could possibly be spliced, but I'm not an electrician.
Also, the gen 1's have a shelf under the center screen. The gen 2 didn't have the wireless charging option built in, so it would fit. But I'm not sure the gen 3 would fit under that. It would probably need to be removed, if that's even possible.
But this is just off the top of my head. Anything is possible with some customizations. But I assumed you were thinking more of a plug-n-play situation, assuming the bolt patterns were even compatible.

Upvote 0
Not entirely sure, but I don't think that will work/fit.
The old MS's don't have power to the rear, so the screen won't work. Some gen 2's had USB-C in the back of the console, but still don't think that would work a screen. Wires could possibly be spliced, but I'm not an electrician.
Also, the gen 1's have a shelf under the center screen. The gen 2 didn't have the wireless charging option built in, so it would fit. But I'm not sure the gen 3 would fit under that. It would probably need to be removed, if that's even possible.
But this is just off the top of my head. Anything is possible with some customizations. But I assumed you were thinking more of a plug-n-play situation, assuming the bolt patterns were even compatible.
You are exactly right. I was hoping that this is a relatively simple operation. Ofcourse building anything into anything is possible given enough time/money/patience. I had a feeling that the rear screen is a pipedream,but the armrest,the storage containers and the wireless charging are just way too nice to have.

Upvote 0
You are exactly right. I was hoping that this is a relatively simple operation. Ofcourse building anything into anything is possible given enough time/money/patience. I had a feeling that the rear screen is a pipedream,but the armrest,the storage containers and the wireless charging are just way too nice to have.
Agreed. I'd love to have the center console in my 2015 MS.
The aftermarket options are not cheap, so I've made alternate concessions with cheap drop-ins over the yacht floor.

I've watched some videos of folks running wire to add the gen 2 version with the rear cupholders and USB-C. I wouldn't mind that.
I did add the strap-in rear center console armrest w/cupholders. But that's not for everyone if you use the center seat very often.
Glad to see they changed the new models to add the pull-down center in the rear.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I'd love to have the center console in my 2015 MS.
The aftermarket options are not cheap, so I've made alternate concessions with cheap drop-ins over the yacht floor.

I've watched some videos of folks running wire to add the gen 2 version with the rear cupholders and USB-C. I wouldn't mind that.
I did add the strap-in rear center console armrest w/cupholders. But that's not for everyone if you use the center seat very often.
Glad to see they changed the new models to add the pull-down center in the rear.
I agree. Would love to see the option to get the part of the rear seats that folds down seperately. Does not seem hard to get working either. 60-40 split exists,so there is a gap to run a cable to the trunk for the wireless charging. The complete lack of a rear armrest is kind of dissapointing for people if i chaufeur them around.

Upvote 0
I agree. Would love to see the option to get the part of the rear seats that folds down seperately. Does not seem hard to get working either. 60-40 split exists,so there is a gap to run a cable to the trunk for the wireless charging. The complete lack of a rear armrest is kind of dissapointing for people if i chaufeur them around.
Looking at the armrest I dont think that it would be hard to make at all. Maybe It will be possible to buy seperately,similarly to the rear center armrest solutions that exist today.

Attachments

• 2023-tesla-model-s-rear-armrest-carbuzz-1074847-900x600.jpg
    2023-tesla-model-s-rear-armrest-carbuzz-1074847-900x600.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
It was called Executive rear seat option back then when Tesla released this, but it had one disadvantage of the seats - they were not possible to fold.
Tesla also had an accessory called the " Premium Rear Console". It was an insert that looks exactly like the executive rear seat armrest. It is strapped in to the back of the seat.

Attachments

• 77D32940-7C59-4594-8E67-E0BCE650272F.jpeg
    77D32940-7C59-4594-8E67-E0BCE650272F.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Informative
Reactions: KalJoMoS
Upvote 0