Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would appreciate help and this thread seems to have the best info. I have a P85DL which I am trading in because of the recent 100D reveal. I ordered my 100D, but also found a very low milage P90D with a vin 140xxx with exactly the spec I am ordering new. This would save me a lot of money and I can upgrade to 100D later if I want. I dont think it is possible for me to get info on the battery code of that car beforehand as that order cannot be cancelled, if downpayment is inserted and the car is far away. If the cars with 1088792-00-A battery are posting very similar times, I think I could live with that. Is there any way of knowing what battery that car most likely has based on the vin? Help appreciated greatly. Would love not to think about this and just go for the new car, but am taking a hit on the P85DL and I dont care so much for ventilated seats, and I am living in a environmentally friendly country, which gives Tesla a tax similar to an economical diesel :(. The P90D even with the 23000 euro P100D upgrade would stil save me 13000 euros. Thanks in advance for help!

I am under the impression after asking from workshop, that all p90dls can be upgraded, but I think definately a faclift one, like the one I am looking at. Appreciate any help to the problem in my above post. Also would like to make sure about the terminology. Is this true:

06xxxxx = v1
107xxxxx = v2
108xxxxx = v3 (fastest one)

Any correlation to VIN numbers? Specifically 140xxx

I am under the impression after asking from workshop, that all p90dls can be upgraded, but I think definately a faclift one, like the one I am looking at. Appreciate any help to the problem in my above post. Also would like to make sure about the terminology. Is this true:

06xxxxx = v1
107xxxxx = v2

@TIppy has one of those recent refreshed faster P90DL's. Perhaps he can share his battery part number and VIN range, YMMV.

From the spreadsheet the manufacture date would be somewhere around 11-23rd May.

My battery part no.: 1088792-00-A. My vin is 147xxx manufactured late June.
Your manufacture date could be a 107xxx battery. The service documentation says that they can only be replaced with the same part number, but check with tesla.

The p100d battery part numbers also start with 108xxx, so it may only be batteries that start with 108xx that can be upgraded.

The battery part number is easy to see from the outside of the car, so maybe the seller could read it for you. Then call tesla service to make sure that part number can be upgraded.

• Love
Reactions: KIP1
Fast company ... not a bad list of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times as published by wiki
List of fastest production cars by acceleration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

upload_2016-9-16_16-33-52.png

upload_2016-9-16_16-37-58.png

06xxxxx = v1
107xxxxx = v2

might help.
Tesla Model S P85/90D(L) Comparisons (Responses)

a 140xxx vin will have the 107 battery...

I would appreciate help and this thread seems to have the best info. I have a P85DL which I am trading in because of the recent 100D reveal. I ordered my 100D, but also found a very low milage P90D with a vin 140xxx with exactly the spec I am ordering new. This would save me a lot of money and I can upgrade to 100D later if I want. I dont think it is possible for me to get info on the battery code of that car beforehand as that order cannot be cancelled, if downpayment is inserted and the car is far away. If the cars with 1088792-00-A battery are posting very similar times, I think I could live with that. Is there any way of knowing what battery that car most likely has based on the vin? Help appreciated greatly. Would love not to think about this and just go for the new car, but am taking a hit on the P85DL and I dont care so much for ventilated seats, and I am living in a environmentally friendly country, which gives Tesla a tax similar to an economical diesel :(. The P90D even with the 23000 euro P100D upgrade would stil save me 13000 euros. Thanks in advance for help!

Reactions: Ames
What is your guess about what vin would start having 108 battery, 146xxx?

My car has the 108 battery and was built on 6/6/16 so just a few days past the start of June, my vin is 1438**. I don't know if vin alone will give you the answer though unfortunately Tesla does seem to skip around on the vin numbers. 108 battery's were placed in cars on or after June 1. Here's the line item from Tesla service pages for the 108 battery, as you can see it's by built date not vin range.

IMG_2125.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_8903.JPG
My car has the 108 battery and was built on 6/6/16 so just a few days past the start of June, my vin is 1438**. I don't know if vin alone will give you the answer though unfortunately Tesla does seem to skip around on the vin numbers. 108 battery's were placed in cars on or after June 1. Here's the line item from Tesla service pages for the 108 battery, as you can see it's by built date not vin range.

View attachment 194806

Here's my battery....

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
Be careful that upgraded car doesn't have the same performance. Just like upgrading from P85D to a P85DL just isn't as fast as buying a P90DL. I am not sure if it will be the same situation with the P100DL, but just saying that there is a risk there.
Plus, since you live in northern Europe, very cold weather kill EV range quickly. People are reporting in other thread that the range of P100DL at 90% soc is about 18% higher than the same thing in P90DL. That 18% is higher than what people expected since EPA range difference on paper is only 16% difference.

Last edited:
I'm kind of bummed by this because I just got my P90DL refresh in June and got my name in the queue on day one for the P100D upgrade for 20K and I was hoping for some more daylight between them for both the 0-60 and 1/4 mile considering that the P90DL does 2.65/10.8 and a 20K+ upgrade gets you down to 2.54/10.7. The range bump is nice I guess, even though I have never come close to running out of charge to this point. I guess I was hoping that Tesla was bumping them up similar to how they currently claim 2.8 0-60 when it clearly does it quicker. If DT tested it and got say 2.42 with 10.55 1/4 mile I could see it, but not so sure now. But I'll probably get it anyways :p
you have 108xxxx battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.