Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New UI removed the ability/button to purchase extended warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading another poster's thread about whether the new UI removed the ability/button to schedule a service appt, I went into my account to look at the new UI. While I do still have the ability to schedule a service appt from my account (and did so ... very easy), what I noticed was there no longer appears to be any link or button or any way to purchase and add an extended warranty. That had always been a simple purchase feature in the account, for both my current and prior Model S. Anyone read or know anything about this?--did Tesla suddenly remove an owner's ability to add the extended warranty without any notice of the change? That had always been an advertised feature, that you could buy and add it anytime during ownership prior to the original factory warranty expiring.

Answering my own question after some more researching. Tesla certainly appears to have removed that option of an owner being able to purchase it directly from their account. It appears it now can only be purchased by bringing in your car to a Tesla Service Center. Here is the link to the page with the updated details,
Extended Service Agreement

"Where can I purchase the Extended Service Agreement?
The Extended Service Agreement can be directly purchased at your nearest Tesla Service Center."

And here are the options and pricing (now more expensive if not purchased with six months of initial ownership) ...

2-Year Extended Service Agreement
2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. [starting after end of original warranty]

4-Year Extended Service Agreement
4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. [starting after end of original warranty]

Model S if Purchased within 180 Days Or if Purchased after 180 Days
2-Year Extended Service Agreement $2,100 $2,600
4-Year Extended Service Agreement $4,250 $4,750

Model X if Purchased within 180 Days Or if Purchased after 180 Days
2-Year Extended Service Agreement $2,400 $2,900
4-Year Extended Service Agreement $4,800 $5,300

It also no longer indicates if you have bought an extended warranty or the prepaid service (both used to appear). So far I can't find anyplace where it shows I purchased those...or that my free unlimited supercharging stays with the car and is fully transferable.

yep they seemed to have removed that I've purchased it - before it used to show. Very sneaky......