Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tesla 70D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stupid question. How do I enable the gps portion of the home link garage door opener?

It automatically links the GPS to where it "tests" the connection. So you bring up homelink, you program the remote into it, and then it says to press to see if it works. Where the car is when you press that (you can turn on the car and drive it around if you need to, like if setting the GPS of a gate after programming in your driveway) is where the GPS will automatically be linked to. There is no manual linking. If you tested the programming at the wrong place, you have to delete the homelink setup for that remote and redo it.

It automatically links the GPS to where it "tests" the connection. So you bring up homelink, you program the remote into it, and then it says to press to see if it works. Where the car is when you press that (you can turn on the car and drive it around if you need to, like if setting the GPS of a gate after programming in your driveway) is where the GPS will automatically be linked to. There is no manual linking. If you tested the programming at the wrong place, you have to delete the homelink setup for that remote and redo it.

Okay so I did that outside the garage and when I drive up to the house the home link button doesn't auto present itself

Okay so I did that outside the garage and when I drive up to the house the home link button doesn't auto present itself

At that point, maybe delete and try again. I got my car only a couple weeks ago with 6.2-2.4.188 and now with 6.2-2.4.239, it still pops up automatically at both places I programmed it. Through try rebooting the 17" screen first and see if that makes a difference.

Take a look at this for $230. Clip on covers - no drilling, gluing and completely reversible. Powder coated aluminum. I'm getting these without a doubt.
I painted my ICE's calipers on my driveway with a ceramic paint kit. But not sure if I'll do the same on my Model S.

With the exception of paint / surface treatments -- which seem surprisingly common for a car with such a shiny paint job -- I've noticed nary a dearth of mods with the Model S so far. I'd have thought the early adopters would include "hackers" and there are the camping mode videos etc. but I've not seen a lot of the kinds of customizations I'd expect from such a passionate customer base. Maybe the car really is that good, right out of the rail car ??? ahhh the wait is killing me :scared: lol ("late June" :)

Thanks I will try it again. #firstworldproblems

Mine was a pest.

I actually asked my neighbors to come over after trying to pair my car to the remote for 30 mins or so. Figured leave someone clicking the search button the garage door opener.

My neighbor walks into the garage and looks up at the motor. I try the link button yet again. It works!

So, find a neighbor and have them simply look at your garage door motor. Should do the trick ;)

Mine was a pest.

I actually asked my neighbors to come over after trying to pair my car to the remote for 30 mins or so. Figured leave someone clicking the search button the garage door opener.

My neighbor walks into the garage and looks up at the motor. I try the link button yet again. It works!

So, find a neighbor and have them simply look at your garage door motor. Should do the trick ;)

For most garages you 1) have to train your car with the remote you have, then 2) connect your car to the garage motor/unit. Most have a button on the garage door opener that you push, light comes on, and then you use you car pretty quickly to open/close, lights blink multiple times, done. This is all rolling code garage doors (99% of them out there).

For most garages you 1) have to train your car with the remote you have, then 2) connect your car to the garage motor/unit. Most have a button on the garage door opener that you push, light comes on, and then you use you car pretty quickly to open/close, lights blink multiple times, done. This is all rolling code garage doors (99% of them out there).

Yep! I had that damn light blinking for ages. Just finally decided to kick in when my neighbor showed up.

First post.
Ordered my 70D this past Sunday. Order considered confirmed on 06/14/2015. Delivery in July. I already pressed the "Accept" button alerting Tesla no changes in the 7 day period. Am I correct that it makes no difference if you accept prior to end of 7 day period and nothing happens until that 7 day time period is over?
Thanks.

First post.
Ordered my 70D this past Sunday. Order considered confirmed on 06/14/2015. Delivery in July. I already pressed the "Accept" button alerting Tesla no changes in the 7 day period. Am I correct that it makes no difference if you accept prior to end of 7 day period and nothing happens until that 7 day time period is over?
Thanks.

Congrats and welcome!

Other than the process starting 7 days earlier, no. Though this also means that if you suddenly absolutely must change something, you are now subject to a change fee.

First post.
Thanks.

Congrats as well - agree, no changes but just starting the process a little sooner maybe. You'll be "in the queue" a little earlier.
The main benefit you have is being in CA already - thus taking delivery locally or having it shipped to you will be a lot faster than those of us that have the long train rides with little ability to know where they are...