Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Pirelli stock tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up on Thursday,
Seem like they are shipping these tires now last round was Kumho,
- Is there a rating on these
- if you get a flat does anyone sell the same tire?
- tread wear of 500 is that good ?
-They came with 48psi what’s recommended 42?

2BB52510-C034-4106-AF40-B51BC0FD01EB.jpeg
78D39B14-4C88-4F6E-9937-4AB14D71984C.jpeg
2A05CC0E-3DB8-411C-81FD-D4739480972A.jpeg
37389676-B32D-4604-BD95-52649125190D.jpeg

Extra Load tires are normally inflated to either 41 or 42 PSI (measured after the vehicle has been parked for at least a few hours, not when the tires are heated up from driving.) to meet the load rating of the tire. 48 is too high. The maximum tire inflation pressure (for reference only) is molded into the sidewall, probably ~51 PSI. You don't want to inflate tires to the maximum pressure. See the label on the vehicle's B pillar by the driver's seat for the recommended tire pressure.

I wonder if these still have foam in them. I didn't notice any when I plugged my puncture, but that doesn't necessarily mean it does not have it.

PS. I think even the service centers are not used to dealing with these. I waited 3 weeks for them to order one to replace the one that is punctured. When I dropped of the car for them to put it on, it turned out they order the wrong tire! I have to wait some more.

I do get Pirelli Scorpion MS 255/45R19 104V ELECT PNCS in my '23 MYLR, built in June. At the time I searched the info online and couldn't find this tire from Pirelli and TireRack sites, I know this will become the inventory issue right away. All of us who got these tires are being put in the terrible spot.

Just picked up on Thursday,
Seem like they are shipping these tires now last round was Kumho,
- Is there a rating on these
- if you get a flat does anyone sell the same tire?
- tread wear of 500 is that good ?
-They came with 48psi what’s recommended 42?

View attachment 956699View attachment 956700View attachment 956701View attachment 956702

I've got these as well. MYLR, June build Giga Austin. So far these tires are treating me well. I hope it stays that way. 😬
Same tires. Mine is Austin build MYLR in June. My tires were made in May.

Based on Pirelli website, these PNCS tires do have foams insides.

However, this tire can’t be found anywhere online from Pirelli, TireRacks, or others. I worry even Tesla shops or mobile trucks may not carry the spares yet. All the supplies are currently for the new builds. This is very Tesla-like strategy.

Ugh! I posted in this thread how the Service Center did not have the tire even though they said they ordered it, and I had to reschedule my appointment for a future date. Well now the Service Center messaged me saying they are having seeing "delays" in getting the tire and sked if I wanted to order one and send it to them to install.

I guess even the Service Centers are having trouble getting these tires! I may be in for quite a wait.

Ugh! I posted in this thread how the Service Center did not have the tire even though they said they ordered it, and I had to reschedule my appointment for a future date. Well now the Service Center messaged me saying they are having seeing "delays" in getting the tire and sked if I wanted to order one and send it to them to install.

I guess even the Service Centers are having trouble getting these tires! I may be in for quite a wait.
Not surprise at all. Tesla sets the priority as all the supplies are for the new builds first. Therefore, we will be stuck in such situation for quite some time.

Reactions: Daekwan
Hi

Just saw this press release on these tires: PIRELLI SCORPION MS: THE NEW ALL-SEASON TYRE FOR PREMIUM AND PRESTIGE SUVs
Are they Run Flat??
Other technologies that can be found on different versions of Scorpion MS tyres include:

A) Seal Inside anti-puncture system, Run Flat – which allows drivers to keep going even with zero tyre pressure

B) PNCS (Pirelli Noise Cancelling System), to reduce cabin noise while driving. In the future, on request of car manufacturers

C) Pirelli RunForward – just debuted on the new P Zero E – could also be integrated: this new technology allows journeys to continue after a puncture, an increasingly important feature in electric cars, which often don’t come with a spare wheel due to the presence of the batteries.

It would be up the vehicle manufacturer to specify one of the above technologies to be included in the Scorpion MS tire as equipped from the vehicle factory. I imagine that Tesla chose the PNCS to reduce interior tire noise as with the current OE tires.

Hi

Just saw this press release on these tires: PIRELLI SCORPION MS: THE NEW ALL-SEASON TYRE FOR PREMIUM AND PRESTIGE SUVs
Are they Run Flat??

Other technologies that can be found on different versions of Scorpion MS tyres include:

A) Seal Inside anti-puncture system, Run Flat – which allows drivers to keep going even with zero tyre pressure

B) PNCS (Pirelli Noise Cancelling System), to reduce cabin noise while driving. In the future, on request of car manufacturers

C) Pirelli RunForward – just debuted on the new P Zero E – could also be integrated: this new technology allows journeys to continue after a puncture, an increasingly important feature in electric cars, which often don’t come with a spare wheel due to the presence of the batteries.

It would be up the vehicle manufacturer to specify one of the above technologies to be included in the Scorpion MS tire as equipped from the vehicle factory. I imagine that Tesla chose the PNCS to reduce interior tire noise as with the current OE tires.
This looks so much like what some of new MYs have - Pirelli Scorpion MS 255/45R19 104V ELECT PNCS. But, I don't think the one MYs have is run-flat... I have to check then.

I don't know when this tyre first came out, did anyone get this tyre prior to May?

I've only driven 40 miles on these but first impressions are fine. I'm not a fan of Pirelli tires and had Vredestein Quatrac Pros on the 2020 Y I just sold.

I was planning to swap wheels and tires, but probably I will just swap the wheels and keep these.