Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New offer from Tesla for FSD. $3000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the offer tonight.. I read in the forum some time ago that it had been offered for q short time for 2000 dollars. A lot of people thought this would be a way to get the new chip. Some people thought that eventually they would give it to people that have enhanced autopilot free. I think that FSD will require some expensive hardware upgrades for my car so I closed my eyes and bought the upgrade. I may have just thrown my money in a fat pigs butt and hollered Suey . It will not be my first loss, but if I get upgraded to the latest hardware, it will be worth it.

• Funny
Reactions: BOBTHEJOCKEY
I got the offer tonight.. I read in the forum some time ago that it had been offered for a short time for 2000 dollars. A lot of people thought this would be a way to get the new chip. Some people thought that eventually they would just give it to people with enhanced autopilot. I think FSD will require some expensive hardware upgrades for my car so I closed my eyes and bought the upgrade. I may have just thrown my money in a fat pigs butt and hollered Suey . It will not be my first loss, but if I get upgraded to the latest hardware, it will be worth i t.

I got the offer tonight.. I read in the forum some time ago that it had been offered for q short time for 2000 dollars. A lot of people thought this would be a way to get the new chip. Some people thought that eventually they would give it to people that have enhanced autopilot free. I think that FSD will require some expensive hardware upgrades for my car so I closed my eyes and bought the upgrade. I may have just thrown my money in a fat pigs butt and hollered Suey . It will not be my first loss, but if I get upgraded to the latest hardware, it will be worth it.

"Thrown my money in a fat pigs butt and hollered Suey" How many times have you used that phrase or did you just invent it today....lol. It's a catchy phrase. I think I will use it the next time my girlfriend asks me for money.

• Funny
Reactions: Haxster
I received the "reduced price" offer, and have responded to Tesla. See below.

Tesla Executives;

Let’s talk about the "self driving update" you wish me to purchase at the “REDUCED” price.

1) Right now, on auto pilot on secondary roads, if there is a large intersection which I have to go through, keeping in lane, the autosteer OFTEN veers left or right and I have to correct it resulting in the stopping of the program. The program is not reliable for suburban driving now… why should I try it if it doesn’t presently work?

If I have to make a left or right turn on “autosteer", I have no idea where it will go, and have to shut if off or take the risk of running into whatever is next to me. My analysis is that this part of the system is not ready yet… and you want me to believe that your Auto upgrade will now fix this problem?
Why don’t you fix this problem before asking me to invest $3000 in a not yet proven product??

If I use the “Navigate on Auto steer” on the highway:
a) it often ping-pongs from one edge to the other of the lane. I t will sway the car and make you feel uneasy. Passengers have often complained of this swaying and ask me to stop the program. The problem becomes more evident as the car approaches the highway speed limits. Why don’t you fix this problem before asking for me to invest?

b) There is a constant "accelerate and release back to normal" feeling within the car, while trying to maintain a constant speed. Why don’t you fix this “go ..whoa” acceleration problem first?

c) If a car moves out of the lane in front of me, and there is a clear path, the car will strongly accelerate and then have to strongly brake to return to normal following distance. Then it reverts to situation ‘B” above.

d) if I approach traffic at a stoplight, and am in the “auto” program..the car approaches at the set speed and then has to brake sharply to stop. At present the system cannot look far enough ahead to see traffic stopped and to allow the car to slow gradually rather than initiating a hard braking situation. Fix this problem first!

Present program only allows 5 mph above posted speed limit. Why not make this an operator option rather than a manufacturer limit? very frustrating!

By the way, what exactly is being offered? An updated computer system? new computer installed? cameras? recording capability? stop light recognition? pedestrian recognition? road signage recognition? You have not made it clear what would be the components of the system, nor how it will work. Just the promise that in the future it will be downloaded into my car? I bought the car 2 years ago with the same promises… You haven’t delivered yet!

You have instituted a new “Sentry Video Surveillance” system , which I can initiate it by pressing the big red button.
This is really making a mockery of your advances. It takes several cameras and an updated computer (System A2.5?) to record and store these video surveillance views. My 2017 Model S (July build) has the outdated system (A2) and cannot record nor view any video of security breaches… What was delivered to me (as promised ) with this visual security update? Just a red button on the screen !!! Why not fix this on the older cars that were touted as being "surveillance capable” ?

Since I am taking the opportunity to register my concerns, let me bring the following to your attention.
Cabin daytime heat:
The car was equipped with a non opening full glass roof..No option for a solid metal insulated roof. I live in Florida, the sun heats the inside of the cabin often to over 120 degrees. At least, install a glass that will be more effective in repelling the sun rays and block the inevitable heating of the cabin.
“Phantom” drain.
Presently, the car will loose about 5 percent of battery charge within a 24 hour period. That translates to: parking in my driveway while I am on a 18 day vacation, I will lose approximately 90% of charge. That is a problem! I already have installed a roof shade panel, and a windshield sun reflector, but I must rely on the cooling systems to maintain a temperature that will not degrade the electronics and interior fabrics. As a manufacturer, what will you do to redesign and modify present systems that will correct this design flaw?

And speaking of cooling, the air conditioning is barely adequate in cooling, and NOT passenger friendly in being able to direct the air around the cabin. Somebody should redesign the venting adjustments. They are inferior to almost any other car with air conditioning. If you need an example, please look at the German engineering of AC delivery (AUDI)!

Rather than charge me in advance of a program that may or may not be really effective in the future, a)fix the present problems, (how may years will this take in the future?) b)allow a trial period for present owners to try your proven system (how many years in the future before this is ready?) Cc)and then offer me to keep the system. Tesla has been notorious for making promises of a upcoming advancements, and it has been years later that a modified improvement has been delivered.

Thank you for listening to my concerns as a present owner of a Tesla. I am eager to hear from you regarding the above specific problems that I have encountered.

Sincerely,

"Thrown my money in a fat pigs butt and hollered Suey" How many times have you used that phrase or did you just invent it today....lol. It's a catchy phrase. I think I will use it the next time my girlfriend asks me for money.
I always substitute a word Beginning with A for butt, Same location but a more forceful meaning. Since I have been using it for over 70 years I may of heard it from Shakespeare

• Funny
Reactions: BOBTHEJOCKEY

Tesla Executives;

Let’s talk about the "self driving update" you wish me to purchase at the “REDUCED” price.

1) Right now, on auto pilot on secondary roads, if there is a large intersection which I have to go through, keeping in lane, the autosteer OFTEN veers left or right and I have to correct it resulting in the stopping of the program. The program is not reliable for suburban driving now… why should I try it if it doesn’t presently work?

If I have to make a left or right turn on “autosteer", I have no idea where it will go, and have to shut if off or take the risk of running into whatever is next to me. My analysis is that this part of the system is not ready yet… and you want me to believe that your Auto upgrade will now fix this problem?
Why don’t you fix this problem before asking me to invest $3000 in a not yet proven product??

a) it often ping-pongs from one edge to the other of the lane. I t will sway the car and make you feel uneasy. Passengers have often complained of this swaying and ask me to stop the program. The problem becomes more evident as the car approaches the highway speed limits. Why don’t you fix this problem before asking for me to invest?

b) There is a constant "accelerate and release back to normal" feeling within the car, while trying to maintain a constant speed. Why don’t you fix this “go ..whoa” acceleration problem first?

c) If a car moves out of the lane in front of me, and there is a clear path, the car will strongly accelerate and then have to strongly brake to return to normal following distance. Then it reverts to situation ‘B” above.

d) if I approach traffic at a stoplight, and am in the “auto” program..the car approaches at the set speed and then has to brake sharply to stop. At present the system cannot look far enough ahead to see traffic stopped and to allow the car to slow gradually rather than initiating a hard braking situation. Fix this problem first!

Present program only allows 5 mph above posted speed limit. Why not make this an operator option rather than a manufacturer limit? very frustrating!

By the way, what exactly is being offered? An updated computer system? new computer installed? cameras? recording capability? stop light recognition? pedestrian recognition? road signage recognition? You have not made it clear what would be the components of the system, nor how it will work. Just the promise that in the future it will be downloaded into my car? I bought the car 2 years ago with the same promises… You haven’t delivered yet!

You have instituted a new “Sentry Video Surveillance” system , which I can initiate it by pressing the big red button.
This is really making a mockery of your advances. It takes several cameras and an updated computer (System A2.5?) to record and store these video surveillance views. My 2017 Model S (July build) has the outdated system (A2) and cannot record nor view any video of security breaches… What was delivered to me (as promised ) with this visual security update? Just a red button on the screen !!! Why not fix this on the older cars that were touted as being "surveillance capable” ?

Since I am taking the opportunity to register my concerns, let me bring the following to your attention.
Cabin daytime heat:
The car was equipped with a non opening full glass roof..No option for a solid metal insulated roof. I live in Florida, the sun heats the inside of the cabin often to over 120 degrees. At least, install a glass that will be more effective in repelling the sun rays and block the inevitable heating of the cabin.
“Phantom” drain.
Presently, the car will loose about 5 percent of battery charge within a 24 hour period. That translates to: parking in my driveway while I am on a 18 day vacation, I will lose approximately 90% of charge. That is a problem! I already have installed a roof shade panel, and a windshield sun reflector, but I must rely on the cooling systems to maintain a temperature that will not degrade the electronics and interior fabrics. As a manufacturer, what will you do to redesign and modify present systems that will correct this design flaw?

And speaking of cooling, the air conditioning is barely adequate in cooling, and NOT passenger friendly in being able to direct the air around the cabin. Somebody should redesign the venting adjustments. They are inferior to almost any other car with air conditioning. If you need an example, please look at the German engineering of AC delivery (AUDI)!

Rather than charge me in advance of a program that may or may not be really effective in the future, a)fix the present problems, (how may years will this take in the future?) b)allow a trial period for present owners to try your proven system (how many years in the future before this is ready?) Cc)and then offer me to keep the system. Tesla has been notorious for making promises of a upcoming advancements, and it has been years later that a modified improvement has been delivered.

Thank you for listening to my concerns as a present owner of a Tesla. I am eager to hear from you regarding the above specific problems that I have encountered.

Sincerely,

Please post their response if you get one. I too have been reluctant to purchase the FSD upgrade not knowing exactly what it entails. I am happy with EAP and do not plan to use the additions of FSD, but I am more interested in an upgrade to HW3 and getting dash cam. I currently have HW2.0 with an August 2017 build.

Please post their response if you get one. I too have been reluctant to purchase the FSD upgrade not knowing exactly what it entails. I am happy with EAP and do not plan to use the additions of FSD, but I am more interested in an upgrade to HW3 and getting dash cam. I currently have HW2.0 with an August 2017 build.
With 2.0 I would think that you would have to be upgraded.

You will win the lottery 3 days before you get a reply from someone born on this planet.

FSD is pure, unadulterated Elon Musk bullshit. It will never happen with the current crop of hardware as Musk wants you all to believe. He is a bullshit artist at his core who has no qualms about lying if it moves his product. He knows that he can just take it back later by offering some lame, baloney excuse to owners.

Want the BEST discount on FSD, ever? Don't pay for it, the feature doesn't exist and is complete vaporware! Musk can say "price is going up" all he wants, only the fools will hand over their cash for an imaginary product. Want proof of this? Look no further than someone who bought into Autopilot in the beginning. Ask them how many promises Tesla kept, and whether it offered them anything as a result of their misrepresentation.

Never, ever pay Tesla for a feature that is not currently implemented that you cannot test to your own satisfaction. Tesla has shown that it cannot be trusted to act in good faith in such a situation. Their track record speaks for itself.

FSD is pure, unadulterated Elon Musk bullshit. It will never happen with the current crop of hardware as Musk wants you all to believe. He is a bullshit artist at his core who has no qualms about lying if it moves his product. He knows that he can just take it back later by offering some lame, baloney excuse to owners.

Want the BEST discount on FSD, ever? Don't pay for it, the feature doesn't exist and is complete vaporware! Musk can say "price is going up" all he wants, only the fools will hand over their cash for an imaginary product. Want proof of this? Look no further than someone who bought into Autopilot in the beginning. Ask them how many promises Tesla kept, and whether it offered them anything as a result of their misrepresentation.

Never, ever pay Tesla for a feature that is not currently implemented that you cannot test to your own satisfaction. Tesla has shown that it cannot be trusted to act in good faith in such a situation. Their track record speaks for itself.

Couldn't agree more... I can't believe people are giving this company thousands of extra dollars for something that literally doesn't exist and likely never will with the current hardware configuration. How many times does Tesla need to screw customers over before people stop drinking the Kool-aid and get relief from whatever trance Elon has them in...??? If the EAP fiasco wasn't enough to convince people, probably nothing will...

Jeff

Reactions: mjptech

Tesla Executives;

Cabin daytime heat:
“Phantom” drain.

Sincerely,

I think you fell a bit off the deep end my friend... I want to agree with you but I barely find one point that I would concur with...

Jeff

Couldn't agree more... I can't believe people are giving this company thousands of extra dollars for something that literally doesn't exist and likely never will with the current hardware configuration. How many times does Tesla need to screw customers over before people stop drinking the Kool-aid and get relief from whatever trance Elon has them in...??? If the EAP fiasco wasn't enough to convince people, probably nothing will...

Jeff
I am counting on hardware upgrades. When I bought EAP. About a year and a half ago, it was about as good as a regular cruise.control. It has continued to add features until last month the car virtually drove itself on a 200 mile trip .I had my hand on the wheel and overrode the system only once. It is slow progress but it is getting there. I certainly would not buy this if I had to borrow money or owed any money to anyone.. This will be a better investment than some I have made, but then I wave made enough good ones that I can just smile and holler Suey.