Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Nav screen layout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we’re playing Where’s Waldo, three more changes:

LTE and WiFi icons visible simultaneously
The three dots at the bottom of the instrument cluster portion (previously used to swipe between wiper menu, trip meters, and the 3 icons) is gone
Driver profile menu moved to far right

Why? You set it once. I only click it again bc I accidentally hit it since it’s on the left side.

I think I’ve intentionally changed it once bc I just wanted to keep driving South; toward the water without a set destination.
Not so - I often zoom the screen in to look at details then tap the orientation button to reset to "follow"

Reactions: Pkmmte and nvx1977
Agree. Wish they would at least give an option to shrink the instrument cluster part of the display. Only need a quarter of the current size to display the speed, gear, and critical icons. Maybe half the current size if in autopilot mode.

Absolutely. Massive amount of prime, closest-to-driver real estate underutilized.

Would love to be able to slide this portion of the display off to the left (much as one can slide music down), leaving speed and other critical info remaining as a map "blur-over".

Reactions: commasign
Why? You set it once. I only click it again bc I accidentally hit it since it’s on the left side.

I think I’ve intentionally changed it once bc I just wanted to keep driving South; toward the water without a set destination.

Just finished a road trip on which I found I was frequently changing among views.

As a short-armed driver, I'm not thrilled with this change.

Most of the others, though, seem like welcome improvements.

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte
But it looks like the left side of the screen has gotten bigger. I wish it would get smaller - it really doesn't need to be that wide.

It's the same proportions as before.

But count me in as another who wishes the left pane is narrower. And Homelink all the way to the right is not cool. Will be leaving feedback on that one if it comes to pass.

I agree the Homelink should be on the left.

Recommendations:

1. HomeLink should stay on the left.
2. When clicking on HomeLink, it should behave as:
a) Only 1 in the list, it should automatically open/close the door
b) More than 1 options in the list, the user can choose

The option to configure in the pick-list should be moved to Setup. I have accidentally clicked configure Homelink several times with my finger (it's not fat either).

Reactions: PoitNarf

Recommendations:

The option to configure in the pick-list should be moved to Setup. I have accidentally clicked configure Homelink several times with my finger (it's not fat either).
Exactly this.
Having settings pages scattered all over the interface is really annoying.

Recommendations:

I wonder how hard it would to unable the software to let the user decide where certain things are on the screen.

I wonder how hard it would to unable the software to let the user decide where certain things are on the screen.

Every switch doubles the number of configurations you'd need to test. For a company that already struggles to keep all of its existing functionality working from release to release ;-)

I'd rather them not add more settings for things that aren't deathly important.

Every switch doubles the number of configurations you'd need to test. For a company that already struggles to keep all of its existing functionality working from release to release ;-)

I'd rather them not add more settings for things that aren't deathly important.
It's not a high priority but I would like to be able to customize the UI like I am able to on my phone. I'm really just nitpicking at this point. The Infotainment system in the Model 3 is the best out of any car I've ever been in.

I agree. There's no need for the map to be on the screen 100% of the time. I'm pretty sure they're aware of it and it may come in the future. They probably want to keep it simple for now and focus on the critical items like AP and self driving.

The three dots at the bottom of the instrument cluster portion (previously used to swipe between wiper menu, trip meters, and the 3 icons) is gone

The swiping was definitely annoying for the trip stats.

I also noticed that the browser is still missing. I wonder if it will ever be included considering that Tesla didn't mention it when talking about standard vs premium connectivity.

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte