Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Location Coordinates from Tesla NAV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to see within Tesla Model3 NAV screens my location coordinates at any time.. I have searched for them but am unable to see them. My web searches also do not give me a way of seeing them.
If in an emergency, someone asked where are you located? I could only reply what the NAV told me Somewhere Road Anytown.

I subscribe to Teslascope which tells me my location on any drive after the event, to 6 decimal places which reflects Tesla recorded information.
My question is why I cannot access the same information in an emergency situation in real time?

Anyone got information to help me with my potential dilemma?

Thanks

It is not directly what you are after, but there is an iOS app (prolly on Android too) called Emergency Plus. It will give your coordinates to 5 decimals, your what3words position and has a button for 000, SES and Police non-emergency all on the Home Screen of the app. Free of charge. Now you have what you need with you whenever you have your phone.

Reactions: Max Spaghetti
Thanks for that info. My point is why should I need to go to a 3rd party app to find the information that I need. I have owned Toyota cars that provide this information within their NAV as default without the need for other apps.
Equally there is so much that a toyota does not do but a good ev does. I dont think there is a car on the planet that provides everything that everyone wants.

Reactions: Jules22
You don't need an app...

"Siri what's my location?"

You'll get an address, a map, and GPS coordinates to 5 decimal places.

I'm sure there's an Android equivalent, but as the OP has pointed out, not a Tesla one.
Getting slightly off topic: The fastest Android equivalent that I am aware of is the long-press a location in Google Maps and the GPS coordinates will appear and can be copied to the clipboard. Unfortunately, "Hey Google, what is my location" opens Maps and verbally names the suburb, but doesn't automatically produce GPS coordinates.

Reactions: Max Spaghetti