Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hampshire I-89

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A strange thing happened this weekend on a road trip from our Boston suburb to Killington VT. Near mile marker 12.2 between Exits 5&6 Tesla nav suddenly slowed my MY from 72 MPH to 45 MPH. Simultaneously the speed limit displayed on the nav screen changed from 65 MPH to 45 MPH. At the same time Waze on my iPhone was redirecting to get back on the highway via side roads even though I was on the highway. This happened both northbound on Friday night and southbound on Sunday afternoon. I had FSD engaged.
I never had this happen before with Tesla nav. However, it is an occasional occurrence with Waze in congested urban environments with overpasses and side roads nearby where satellites get confused with your exact location. But I was in a very rural area and couldn’t see any side roads nearby. This lasted for about a mile before both navs found me and the speed limit display returned to 65 MPH.
On a different topic, I sure love how the wipers swipe randomly on a sunny day when FSD is engaged and don’t work on rainy days when not in FSD (sarcasm font engaged 😀)
2020 MY LR AWD FSD 20” Wheels

I decided to do my first auto steer experiment on empty I-91 in Vermont on a Sunday morning. Utter failure when the car was confused between the freeway and an exit thus steering me into dirt between the two. It was terrifying. That ended that experiment and I will never, ever use autosteer again. Surely the "S" in FSD must stand for "suicide". Same with windshield wipers. If this car cannot figure out when the sun is shining and no rain (windshield wipers go on) and rainy day - (wipers do NOT go on); this in cruise control (TACC) only - then why on gawd's green earth would I ever spend money and trust my life with FSD? I like the car overall but, at best, I only use TACC and trying to accept this car is stupid and can't figure out the most basic thing. Raining or not raining. Freeway or freeway exit or neither.

I decided to do my first auto steer experiment on empty I-91 in Vermont on a Sunday morning. Utter failure when the car was confused between the freeway and an exit thus steering me into dirt between the two. It was terrifying. That ended that experiment and I will never, ever use autosteer again. Surely the "S" in FSD must stand for "suicide". Same with windshield wipers. If this car cannot figure out when the sun is shining and no rain (windshield wipers go on) and rainy day - (wipers do NOT go on); this in cruise control (TACC) only - then why on gawd's green earth would I ever spend money and trust my life with FSD? I like the car overall but, at best, I only use TACC and trying to accept this car is stupid and can't figure out the most basic thing. Raining or not raining. Freeway or freeway exit or neither.😲