Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Paint Defects - Bare Metal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model X being detailed and the paint came right off the hood down to the bare aluminum. I looked at it with a local body shop and he said there is no e-coat or primer. Local Tesla confirmed. Hood needs to be replaced and then whole front end painted. The car only has 2,000 miles. It should be covered under Warranty, but will we end up with a quality result? See photo below.

Any thoughts from the group or concerns to address on this? Anyone else come across this or is it a quality anomaly?
IMG_7225.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
New Model X being detailed and the paint came right off the hood down to the bare aluminum. I looked at it with a local body shop and he said there is no e-coat or primer. Local Tesla confirmed. Hood needs to be replaced and then whole front end painted. The car only has 2,000 miles. It should be covered under Warranty, but will we end up with a quality result? See photo below.

Any thoughts from the group or concerns to address on this? Anyone else come across this or is it a quality anomaly?
View attachment 983896
Since Tesla has owned up to it and will fix it, nothing left to do except to let them do it. I’d take plenty of before/after pics and keep a copy of all the communication / documentation… never know when it may come in handy