Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S P85 D options, fog lights, parking sensors, paint armor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to me like the cost of tires would be a trivial thing on an ultra-high performance car costing >$100K.

Ferraris have the same problem, but I rarely hear anyone complaining about it.
If it's really an issue, buy a Leaf.

When I owned a Roadster I discovered that having to replace the rear tires on a regular basis cost easily twice as much as the electricity I needed to move the car down the road, not to mention the inconvenience of frequenting the tire store. Some people are willing to accept that as a cost-of-entry to enjoying stunning performance, but I tired of it and so took the 'no-cost downgrade' to 19" wheels and all-season tires on my Sig S85. It's still way more fun to drive than any ICE; I'm happy with the compromise.

I'm a bit disappointed that they rolled the option for LED interior accent lighting into an all-in-one package that includes Nappa leather and yacht floor. I have absolutely no desire for the leather and yacht flooring but would love to have the accent lighting. :(

I can't understand why the accent lighting isn't just rolled into the base car. Bundling it with the leather is a poor decision.

The accent lighting was not much for $1000. Just the armrests and rear footwells, I think. The standard interior lighting is pretty good, and you could have a custom shop install extra LED lights if you want more.

GSP

I'm a bit disappointed that they rolled the option for LED interior accent lighting into an all-in-one package that includes Nappa leather and yacht floor. I have absolutely no desire for the leather and yacht flooring but would love to have the accent lighting. :(

I agree. I even asked someone at my SC if they happened to know if the wiring harness for the LEDs are in the door if you don't order the package. They didn't know. I really don't want the yacht floor.

Based on my calculations, for me a $90k Model S cost about the same a $40k ICE car.

But if you throw in crazy tire expenses (based on my mileage around 3 set per year!) that goes out the window.

What are your calculations on $120k? That's closer to the cost of an optioned P85D out the door. Mine is almost 130k. Now the ICE is $57k using your 44% calculation. Staggered tires aren't an issue on the other AWD models, maybe a better way to go if cost and tire wear is an issue.