Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S side illumination fog lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just gotten my 23 model s plaid back from 6 weeks in service, and while they had it they gave me a 22’ model x for a loaner. Coming from an m5, I immediately noticed the x had the same side lights that turn on when you’re turning the wheel a direction while going slowly (~15mph). I noticed them missing from my model s, but now seeing that the x had them, does the model s have them as well? I tried looking in settings and everything’s on, but when turn I see no additional light. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

I have just gotten my 23 model s plaid back from 6 weeks in service, and while they had it they gave me a 22’ model x for a loaner. Coming from an m5, I immediately noticed the x had the same side lights that turn on when you’re turning the wheel a direction while going slowly (~15mph). I noticed them missing from my model s, but now seeing that the x had them, does the model s have them as well? I tried looking in settings and everything’s on, but when turn I see no additional light. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!
The X back in 2022 had crappy headlights, not matrix LED, - with turning lights. The X finally got the latest headlights in the last few months (the last model to do so in the Tesla lineup). These latest headlights have no turning lights. The S got the matrix headlights last year. There are no turning lights now on any new Teslas sold, but on the plus side your headlights are so good it doesn’t really need them anymore, anyway.

The X back in 2022 had crappy headlights, not matrix LED, - with turning lights. The X finally got the latest headlights in the last few months (the last model to do so in the Tesla lineup). These latest headlights have no turning lights. The S got the matrix headlights last year. There are no turning lights now on any new Teslas sold, but on the plus side your headlights are so good it doesn’t really need them anymore, anyway.
Thanks for the replies.
They certainly work well for illumination forward, but it’s very nice having the turning lights for dark nights. The more and more I learn about what I expected my car to have, based on test drives and rentals, vs what I actually paid money for, I continue to be more and more disappointed :(