Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because you can get away with me. Me? I'll get busted. ;)

Beautiful! Did the same UP fascia a couple of years ago :). I did get a ticket while not having the front plate on so had to fashion something and stick it on to the fascia. I like the way your bracket (behind the plate) fits flush to the fascia -- can you tell me where you got it and if its held on by double-sided tape? Thanks in advance.

btw, no one looking at used Teslas would willingly want to buy one with the old nosecone over the newer fascia -- so this is worth a lot -- like being able to sell the car at all! Just my opinion.

Beautiful! Did the same UP fascia a couple of years ago :). I did get a ticket while not having the front plate on so had to fashion something and stick it on to the fascia. I like the way your bracket (behind the plate) fits flush to the fascia -- can you tell me where you got it and if its held on by double-sided tape? Thanks in advance.

btw, no one looking at used Teslas would willingly want to buy one with the old nosecone over the newer fascia -- so this is worth a lot -- like being able to sell the car at all! Just my opinion.
The plate is screwed to a plastic holder. There are magnets embedded on the back side. There is either a metal plate or more magnets behind the fascia. Cushioning material prevents plate damage. And hand wash only when the plate is on the car.

Thanks. Did UP provide those parts (for the front plate)? I'd like to know at least where the plastic holder is from, along with the magnets/metal...

Since their refresh fascia came out, I had asked them about this and they would always say the OEM front plate holder would work, but the fit of that part is not exactly the same and it is way clunkier...

Thanks. Did UP provide those parts (for the front plate)? I'd like to know at least where the plastic holder is from, along with the magnets/metal...

Since their refresh fascia came out, I had asked them about this and they would always say the OEM front plate holder would work, but the fit of that part is not exactly the same and it is way clunkier...
They did provide those parts. Call and ask for David Chi in sales. Just to make one thing clear, UP provided the front plate stuff for free, but of course that was a courtesy since I bought the fascia and paid them to paint and install. You'd have to ask David about the cost if all you want done is the front plate.

I got an email from David Chi at Unplugged Performance. They put two big magnets behind the fascia near where the upper corners would be on the plate holder, so it's magnets gripping magnets. Pretty cool, huh?

Can you take a couple of pics of the sides where it meets the front quarter panel? I am interested in this for my car, but worry the fit won't be very clean looking.

I installed the UPP refresh front on my 2014 and it looks amazing. The fit is pretty good with only a little trimming while assembling the unit on the car.

I did paint it before fitting the unit so keep in mind that you might have to do a little trimming while fitting the light and louver assembly but it was minimal.

Can you take a couple of pics of the sides where it meets the front quarter panel? I am interested in this for my car, but worry the fit won't be very clean looking.

Attachments

• 788C43E4-12D1-4F7D-B174-2E1B9F7BB0C7.jpeg
    788C43E4-12D1-4F7D-B174-2E1B9F7BB0C7.jpeg
    453.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 31A59310-B042-44A1-AD86-A49FF31FF6B3.jpeg
    31A59310-B042-44A1-AD86-A49FF31FF6B3.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 87
Looks excellent!
Thanks Michael.

Love my Model S! Wont go back to a gas powered car ever!

Wife's BMW 650i Transmission went out a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't talk her into going with another Model S. She has a hard time with the concept of having to charge and she regularly commutes to San Diego on the weekend. It's 125 miles each way so she couldn't round trip it without having to charge. San Diego is pretty pitiful when it comes to charging stations.

Picked up her new 650i Friday Ugh!

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Neither of us have any love for the Model 3. Reminds me of Mercedes trying to fit the entry level market with the 190 series.

I worked for a Tier 1 supplying Tesla and they were having some pretty significant process and quality issues at the time. It looks like they have things moving forward pretty well but I will keep my focus on the higher end series. I imagine we will see some pretty significant advancements in range and charging over the next few years.

For now my wife has her new BMW 650i to keep her happy. Me I love my Model S and won't go back to a gas powered vehicle.

Left Rear.jpg
Front a.jpg
Front Right a.jpg
Left Front Corner A.jpg
Since you guys are posting M3 photos. Here's Unplugged Performance's work at it's finest. New nose from them. Made a night and day difference in my opinion. With this, I actually didn't hate the front of the M3. I see others are like me in that we have to hide those god awful looking headlights. What's with the white blob on top? So out of place! The headlights actually wouldn't be bad and I'd probably like the front end of the 3 if it wasn't for that white blob of light on top.

View attachment 466560 View attachment 466556 View attachment 466557 View attachment 466558 Since you guys are posting M3 photos. Here's Unplugged Performance's work at it's finest. New nose from them. Made a night and day difference in my opinion. With this, I actually didn't hate the front of the M3. I see others are like me in that we have to hide those god awful looking headlights. What's with the white blob on top? So out of place! The headlights actually wouldn't be bad and I'd probably like the front end of the 3 if it wasn't for that white blob of light on top.
Looks great. Take a knife sharpener to the front edge. Great way to get rid of pesky pedestrians. ;)

Reactions: M20Driver
View attachment 466560 View attachment 466556 View attachment 466557 View attachment 466558 Since you guys are posting M3 photos. Here's Unplugged Performance's work at it's finest. New nose from them. Made a night and day difference in my opinion. With this, I actually didn't hate the front of the M3. I see others are like me in that we have to hide those god awful looking headlights. What's with the white blob on top? So out of place! The headlights actually wouldn't be bad and I'd probably like the front end of the 3 if it wasn't for that white blob of light on top.

Looks great! I see the guys at Unplugged Performance have been pretty busy with the Model 3 Mods. Looks much better than the stock M3 front. They do a really nice job when they actually commit to a project.

Guess that explains why my Pre-Production deposit for my MS rear bumper set from Unplugged Performance has been sitting out there for a year now waiting for production. Just cancelled my order figured by the time it's actually done I'll be moving on to my next MS. Sure there's more money to be made on the M3 mods with the current market demand anyway. Too bad for the loyal Model S owners.