Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Equalizer In Version 8.0.2.50.114 - Please Share Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check back with us tomorrow. Mine lasted about 36 hours then pfftt +3 +3 +3 +3 +3.
well I reported earlier that my EQ settings did not change from where I left them after a day...
BTW, the settings stay the same across all media types

update: after two days, still no change, but I did not drive in that time so I don't know if that counts.
today I went out to the car - was going to take a short drive and also check the EQ setting again... and then I noticed a "Touchscreen unresponsive" warning on the instrument cluster, telling me to reboot the main screen by pressing both scroll wheels. Did the reboot and...
- when I checked the EQ settings, all 5 bands were all set to +3.5 ! (i.e not where I left them previously)

It would be interesting to know what kind of testing was done with the new equalizer settings before releasing to the world. I'd think someone's job would be in jeopardy.

You think someone's job would be in jeopardy for what was almost certainly an honest mistake that will be easily fixed, and that did nothing but cause some minor inconvenience to a few people who own expensive cars?

I'm glad I don't work for you!

You think someone's job would be in jeopardy for what was almost certainly an honest mistake that will be easily fixed, and that did nothing but cause some minor inconvenience to a few people who own expensive cars?

I'm glad I don't work for you!

I don't think that bug in and of itself is the issue. Rather, there is clearly a lack of processes/knowledge/discipline whatever else you want to throw in the mix here when it comes to UI and software testing. It's been well established here that in many instances the new media player UI is a step back purely from a usability perspective (i.e. more clicks needed to achieve what you could do before etc...) and this specific issue, along with the fact that other things reset without rhyme or
reason

Don't get me wrong, I love the car but these "little" things do add up and reflect poorly on the company.

Welcome to the crowd :( Just out of curiosity, did you have Dolby checked?

FWIW I had same experience, overnight reset in my case to +4.5 across the board. And no Dolby checked. I think it's been established that the behavior of the bug is to cause all values to reset to what the last column is.

I'm leaving everything at zero until it's fixed, unless I'm going to be in the car all day.

I don't think that bug in and of itself is the issue. Rather, there is clearly a lack of processes/knowledge/discipline whatever else you want to throw in the mix here when it comes to UI and software testing. It's been well established here that in many instances the new media player UI is a step back purely from a usability perspective (i.e. more clicks needed to achieve what you could do before etc...) and this specific issue, along with the fact that other things reset without rhyme or
reason

Don't get me wrong, I love the car but these "little" things do add up and reflect poorly on the company.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote. I just think that suggesting that someone may be or should be fired over this is, well...ludicrous.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote. I just think that suggesting that someone may be or should be fired over this is, well...ludicrous.
why not?
did the program/update that they created work well?
did it perform the way that it was meant to?
IMHO this "upgrade" was a complete fail and I bet that many hours of work culminated in the fail.
someone's head should be on a platter.

reason

Its the process not the people.

why not?
did the program/update that they created work well?
did it perform the way that it was meant to?
IMHO this "upgrade" was a complete fail and I bet that many hours of work culminated in the fail.
someone's head should be on a platter.

Much of the update works exactly as it should. The new fob identification works well. The new equalizer works well. The settings are not persistent, but that will be an easy fix. So I vehemently disagree with your assessment that this update was "a complete fail."

And even if it were a complete fail, good companies and good managers don't fire people for one or two relatively inconsequential mistakes.

Much of the update works exactly as it should. The new fob identification works well. The new equalizer works well. The settings are not persistent, but that will be an easy fix. So I vehemently disagree with your assessment that this update was "a complete fail."

And even if it were a complete fail, good companies and good managers don't fire people for one or two relatively inconsequential mistakes.
to clarify for those who didn't note the topic that this thread is, the implementation of new software for of the entertainment system equalizer while giving us more functionality is quite buggy and the settings are not stable and IMHO this upgrade is a fail.
as for your opinion about what a company's reaction would be to releasing such a flawed product I do not share your charitable disposition. maybe releasing flawed output is tolerable in companies that you manage. somewhere along the chain of creating the new equalizer code there was a failure, I wouldn't react so kindly and I would identify where the failure was and take the necessary action to hold those responsible accountable, up to termination.