Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New California Owner of a low mileage 2013 Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"To church on Sunday's ?" ;)

Lucky you indeed! Welcome to TMC!!

Years ago I bought a 10 year old pickup with very few miles, but I had to immediately replace the tires because they had set out in the sun too long. (cracked/dried/stiff)

P.S. You are posting in the Australia (Asia/Pacific) section of TMC. (??)
There is a California section here: California

Last edited:
That sounds quite extraordinary, I hope it's great for you. If you keep it low mileage it could be a real museum quality rarity in another decade. However you will probably get more useful advice if you post in another thread as this one is focused on Australia, and while there are some Model S owners here and active, there are thousands more in the US and more general sections of TMC. Tesla here down under in Australia was a pretty minor part of the market until the Model 3 came out.

All the best! Happy motoring.

Reactions: MitchMitch
"To church on Sunday's ?" ;)

Lucky you indeed! Welcome to TMC!!

Years ago I bought a 10 year old pickup with very few miles, but I had to immediately replace the tires because they had set out in the sun too long. (cracked/dried/stiff)

P.S. You are posting in the Australia (Asia/Pacific) section of TMC. (??)
There is a California section here: California
Thank you I accidentally made the post in Australia and didn’t notice

Reactions: MitchMitch
The 2013 Model S misses out on any Autopilot features and suffered from higher than normal battery issues.
I would ask Tesla to extend the AC drain pipe for you so it no longer drips on top of the battery and causes corrosion.
Other than that the battery is what it is and whilst has a low number of charge cycles, age is another consideration in the life of the battery.
The large rear motors also suffer from the failure of a water seal but this is more mileage based than age.
As previously mentioned I would get a tire shop to check the age and condition of the tires and replace the brake fluid as you would with any car that has sat around for a time.

Moderators hat on:
I have taken the liberty of modifying the title to reflect more information about the thread.
I have moved this thread to the California section, as owners in this area may have more information they can share with you.

Last edited: