Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need advice. Accepted trade in offer and EDD got pushed back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MYLR in Jan 2022, EDD jumped around a lot until April when it narrowed down to May 19-29. I followed suggestions and picked no financing and no trade in originally. Planned to go with DCU after I received VIN and to also trade/sell my current model 3 as time got closer.

Been checking vroom/carvana regularly to get a range of prices( highest offer was 47k, last offer was 43k on 5/6). On same day, received text from Tesla about if I want to trade in. Decided to give it a shot just to see what they would offer. They got back at me on 5/8 with an offer of 53k! I was ecstatic and uploaded my title and accepted offer. Checked on Monday 5/10 and now my EDD changed to august 14- sept 25!!

Frustrated/disappointed. Did I mess up by not waiting for VIN before trying the trade in? I waited all this time already, I should’ve waited some more! I know EDD isn’t set anyways and it might’ve been pushed back anyways, but such a big jump?

Now im not sure what to do. If the EDD stays for august/sept,the current trade in offer will expire. Is it better to keep updating the odometer when it does expire? Should I just cancel the trade in now and try again after I get a VIN?

Ordered MYLR in Jan 2022, EDD jumped around a lot until April when it narrowed down to May 19-29. I followed suggestions and picked no financing and no trade in originally. Planned to go with DCU after I received VIN and to also trade/sell my current model 3 as time got closer.

Been checking vroom/carvana regularly to get a range of prices( highest offer was 47k, last offer was 43k on 5/6). On same day, received text from Tesla about if I want to trade in. Decided to give it a shot just to see what they would offer. They got back at me on 5/8 with an offer of 53k! I was ecstatic and uploaded my title and accepted offer. Checked on Monday 5/10 and now my EDD changed to august 14- sept 25!!

Frustrated/disappointed. Did I mess up by not waiting for VIN before trying the trade in? I waited all this time already, I should’ve waited some more! I know EDD isn’t set anyways and it might’ve been pushed back anyways, but such a big jump?

Now im not sure what to do. If the EDD stays for august/sept,the current trade in offer will expire. Is it better to keep updating the odometer when it does expire? Should I just cancel the trade in now and try again after I get a VIN?
Yes you can always add a trade after you get your vin. May. Or push your date back.