Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Advice 2017 Model S 75 vs 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I need your opinion on whether or not it is worth the extra 5k to get the AWD. The predicament I am in is that I can get the 75 in a a couple days or I can get the model S 75D in February. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on the matter. I am located in sunny Costa Mesa, CA so I know its not a necessity to have AWD but figured it would be a nice to have. Does AWD have any benefits over RWD? or Vice Versa?

Thanks

If the 75D would be built as a 2018 Model it might be worth it.

If the 75 is >$10,000 cheaper i’d go for it.

I own an AWD and recently drove a 75 coast to coast including some bad weather. It was very nearly a match for the AWD, even though the AWD has a tiny bit more range, the premium is steep if cost is an issue.

Hi Guys,

I need your opinion on whether or not it is worth the extra 5k to get the AWD. The predicament I am in is that I can get the 75 in a a couple days or I can get the model S 75D in February. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on the matter. I am located in sunny Costa Mesa, CA so I know its not a necessity to have AWD but figured it would be a nice to have. Does AWD have any benefits over RWD? or Vice Versa?

Thanks
Just hit 30K in my RWD 75 and I wouldn't hesitate getting another when the time comes(if available).

Financially, if you take delivery shortly you'll also be able to get the $7500 fed tax credit which may disappear end of year(tho we don't know for sure yet) but even if it stays it's nice to get that $7500 for this tax year instead of waiting for next year.

• Helpful
Reactions: arcus and GSP
As a SoCal driver, I went with the S75 to save the $5000 and have not had a single case where 10 extra miles of range or AWD would have benefited me. That being said, I would try to find one with a build date of July 2017 or later to guarantee one with a performance uncork (4.3 vs 5.5 zero to sixty mph times).
My thoughts exactly! I thought mine was 4.2??:eek::eek::eek:

Uncorking is not really a great deal imo.
I tried one the other day and I admit it was a little peppier than mine, but nothing like a P85D! Big difference.
This is why I did my official uncork with a bottle of Sandbanks Baco Noir!