Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Neck pillows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone order one, have a photo of what it looks like and could recommend?

This is one of the only things which annoys me about the comfort of the car is the lack of a decent headrest.
Lots of aftermarket ones....foam, leather etc. but would just like a decent cheap one which doesn't stick out.

Probably buy a pair so the cheaper the better!

Thanks

No I bought these. Good quality, perfect match, reasonable price £70/pair - no reason to go cheap on a £50k car
RlG1mRT.jpg

Anyone order one, have a photo of what it looks like and could recommend?

This is one of the only things which annoys me about the comfort of the car is the lack of a decent headrest.
Lots of aftermarket ones....foam, leather etc. but would just like a decent cheap one which doesn't stick out.

Probably buy a pair so the cheaper the better!

Thanks
you don't want to put your head on the actual head rests anyway or this happens:
6dwzs0deouj31.jpg

What's gone on here. Was heat or a chemical applied?
Not sure anyone knows definitively . Personally my head never touches the head rest unless I hit something and a lot of people are the same. Others like to have their head firmly planted at all times. Some people in the latter category have had this happen. there are numerous images of it though this is the worst I have seen. Not sure if anyone ever figured out if it was sweat, product or something else.

Not sure anyone knows definitively . Personally my head never touches the head rest unless I hit something and a lot of people are the same. Others like to have their head firmly planted at all times. Some people in the latter category have had this happen. there are numerous images of it though this is the worst I have seen. Not sure if anyone ever figured out if it was sweat, product or something else.

That's interesting. I'll be keeping a close eye on mine.

Would I be correct in assuming Tesla refuses to accept that as a fault in material etc.

I think the image above could be an issue with it being 'vegan leather' real leather has pores and can breathe, these seats ... well are plastic and cannot breathe so get hotter and become stickier, add in to that a warm climate and sweaty heads with hair product in. You can definitely see the 'salt ring from the sweat around the deformation, it actually looks like whatever has been on the head mixed with the salt (and maybe cleaning chemicals - we don't really know) have deformed the vegan leather allowing it the come free of the foam backing in places (i've seen similar malformations with my old therm-a-rest camp mat, the adhesive holding the outer fabric to the foam inside degrades and comes apart causing pockets of deformation from the air going into the mat). Now i'm not saying the seats would be better with real leather - i'm actually quite impressed with the seats in the M3, but vegan leather interiors are still a new thing and can react in ways we're not sure of.

What I find strange & the reason I got additional cushions is that it's quite uncomfortable to push the head right back into the cars' headrest. To create such an effect surely it can't be something that happened just once?

In that picture, such a symmetrical shape implies a heavily lacquered or lotioned, sweaty, maybe big hair or bald head must have been constantly pressed back into the seat (either that or H R Geiger).

....either way I wouldn't want to meet that person :eek:.

I think the image above could be an issue with it being 'vegan leather' real leather has pores and can breathe, these seats ... well are plastic and cannot breathe so get hotter and become stickier, add in to that a warm climate and sweaty heads with hair product in. You can definitely see the 'salt ring from the sweat around the deformation, it actually looks like whatever has been on the head mixed with the salt (and maybe cleaning chemicals - we don't really know) have deformed the vegan leather allowing it the come free of the foam backing in places (i've seen similar malformations with my old therm-a-rest camp mat, the adhesive holding the outer fabric to the foam inside degrades and comes apart causing pockets of deformation from the air going into the mat). Now i'm not saying the seats would be better with real leather - i'm actually quite impressed with the seats in the M3, but vegan leather interiors are still a new thing and can react in ways we're not sure of.

Well I'm bald headed. Usually don't have any product on my head but I'll pay attention for any signs of marking.

• Funny
Reactions: Drew57
We got ours today. Good qualaity workmanship. However, not a very good colour match to the polar white seat material. More of a cream tinged colour.

Not sure if I want to kick up a fuss or just find some white vinyl dye.
That's a shame. The black is a great match.

Bit extreme dyeing your seats just to match the pillows though isn't it? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Drew57 and M3noob
A year later.... I can't locate these recommended pillows from the link or description. Anybody have a great option to share for those of us late to the pillow party? I see SO many offered.... they can't all be good!
Ebay User ID vadimcustominterior ...."Items for sale... See all items"

Wide selection many branded by manufacturer, others are universal - I've used the plain black version since July 2020.

Quality when delivered was excellent & it still is!

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel and EVnut