Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Aggravation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023.27.6 have others noticed a regression here? Specifically, late or wrong calls for turns. Like “turn right in 500 feet” when you are traveling at 55 miles per hour, when you are less than 100 feet from the intersection.

The one that got me today was on the freeway, at a junction of another freeway. The navigator directed me to stay to the left to remain on the freeway, then less than 300 feet from the ramp, “ take the ramp on the right now”. No way was I going to swing across 3 lanes of traffic and cross the fire to make the ramp. This was not in an area of new construction.

I have experienced all kinds of navigation hiccups in the last month. The first thing I noticed is that it would keep updating the start point of the trip, indicating I was coming from some random location near my current location. Then on some trips it would actually reroute multiple times a minute, assuming I was on another nearby road. Seems to have settled down now, I am on 2023.32.7 now, maybe that fixed it?