Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My week old S 85D dead day after 6.2 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I haven't left colorado yet, and this morning I get an error message that the software needs updated and to contact a service center.
I called up road side and they said it's just a bug in 6.2 and they should be sending out a OTA update to fix in soon and not to worry about it.
Hope that's all it is.

Others have reported that a reboot will make that message go away...not sure if it's a permanent fix, but it'll take away the annoying bit. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

Lexus SC400 334K miles. Never had a single thing go wrong with it. Not even a little thing... EVER.
Not a thing? Because I've heard that car is a engineering monstrosity... google is (predictably) filled with forum posts with people with out of warranty breakage.
2009 Prius. 200K miles on it. Nothing has ever gone wrong with it. Not even a little thing...EVER.
I don't think there's a car in existence that has gone 200k miles without *something* going wrong. Nevermind 334k. Many parts are usually designed with lifetimes just above the warranty mileage. Your dampers/springs probably have the consistency of goo by this point. Sensors that were in the engine will have likely have needed to be at least removed and cleaned once, otherwise face bad running and/or check engine lights.

Update on my trip home.

We made it back safe. Got a full charge in Fort Collins at a CHadMo Station.
It was crazy windy and we needed to charge a lot longer than I had planned in Laramie and Rawlins. Going the speed limit with no AC, Fort Collins to Laramie 70 miles used 100 miles of rated range. Charged at the KOA for 2.5 hours then made it to Rawlins using an extra 30 miles more than the rated range. I was even going 55Mph on a 75Mph road. With only 135 Miles of rated rage when we hit Rawlins and 129 miles left to make it home, we decided to stay the night just in case. This morning we finished driving home and bit less windy and going lower in elevation. Only use 130 of range. Might have been fine to make it home with just a hour charge in Rawlins last night and made it home around midnight. It would be nice if there were a HPWC, CHadMo or Superchargers on the way. The supercharger map looks good for 2016 hope Tesla gets working on it sooner than later. The Owner at the KOA in Rawlins said he's seen lot's of Teslas and that they are only getting 150 range with the Mountains, high speed, Cold and winds in Wyoming.

So I haven't left colorado yet, and this morning I get an error message that the software needs updated and to contact a service center.
I called up road side and they said it's just a bug in 6.2 and they should be sending out a OTA update to fix in soon and not to worry about it.
Hope that's all it is.
My wife's car had the same message- it turned out to be nothing really after calling Tesla.