Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor My Tesla Remote - A 3rd party remote that doesn't ask for your credentials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watch work very well, but even after enabling Background App Refresh, it will not unlock the doors without launching the app on my watch and pressing the unlock button
Hi,

To use the watch as a key the app has to be running on the screen but you should not have to press any button.

If it doesn’t work can you try to install this beta version ? It corrects a number of bugs

Keep me informed.

Reactions: Vench
For your information :)

#BlackFriday offer
🥳

Enjoy the app at half price until Sunday !
⌚️
Turn your #AppleWatch into a #Tesla keyfob
🔒
Keep your Tesla credentials if you don’t want to share them
💵
$0.99 for lifetime value without ad or subscription
😀

Don't miss the offer ! Find it on the AppStore now!

I just purchased your app and so far so good. Your guided setup instructions for both the iphone and watch are very well done! The app functions that I've tested on the Apple Watch work very well, but even after enabling Background App Refresh, it will not unlock the doors without launching the app on my watch and pressing the unlock button. How do I get this to work without intervention while Only using my Apple Watch?
This seems to be an issue with a number of independent Apps. I have Apple Watch For Tesla and it won't unlock the doors until the App is open on my AW9.

This seems to be an issue with a number of independent Apps. I have Apple Watch For Tesla and it won't unlock the doors until the App is open on my AW9.
Yes it's true because that's a technical limitation related to watchOS. When you pull your car's handle, the car will send a bluetooth message to request door unlocking and the key fob has to send a bluetooth command in response.
Those Bluetooth communications can me managed in the background on iOS but not on watchOS... Even if I'm not a professional developer, I really searched for a way to do it but the fact is that it seems to be impossible at the moment. That's why you need to open the app.

Perhaps it is one reason among others to explain why Tesla did not release their own official AW app...

Yes it's true because that's a technical limitation related to watchOS. When you pull your car's handle, the car will send a bluetooth message to request door unlocking and the key fob has to send a bluetooth command in response.
Those Bluetooth communications can me managed in the background on iOS but not on watchOS... Even if I'm not a professional developer, I really searched for a way to do it but the fact is that it seems to be impossible at the moment. That's why you need to open the app.

Perhaps it is one reason among others to explain why Tesla did not release their own official AW app...
You can do it it's not impossible!! No need to have press buttons or have app open, please implement I would buy the app just want to have this feature not have to open app or press buttons for entry. This is one app that has already implemented...

Just install the app on a "family apple watch" so no iphone app. Functionally works great as i only want access when NEAR the car. ie your family member cannot mess around with the car if they are not physically near it.

some feedback: the buttons to unlock, open trunk etc are too small as you've decided to overlay them on a picture of the car. Any option to just show larger buttons. This will be watch only, so I'm unsure if the companion iphone app allows configuring the UI

Great job & Great price. No chance of battery drain, no hacked accounts is the main draw here!

Just install the app on a "family apple watch" so no iphone app. Functionally works great as i only want access when NEAR the car. ie your family member cannot mess around with the car if they are not physically near it.

some feedback: the buttons to unlock, open trunk etc are too small as you've decided to overlay them on a picture of the car. Any option to just show larger buttons. This will be watch only, so I'm unsure if the companion iphone app allows configuring the UI

Great job & Great price. No chance of battery drain, no hacked accounts is the main draw here!
Thank you very much for your message !!

I have to agree with this. Bigger buttons would help a lot.

BTW, I got the app after using Watch for Tesla for years. I started having charging / sleeping issues that were confirmed as a 3rd party app issue (disconnecting the app connection from the car did solve the problems), so it was nice to stumble across a watch app that was bluetooth only. It's great to have some watch functionality back without an API connection.

Reactions: mySmartRemote
I have to agree with this. Bigger buttons would help a lot.

BTW, I got the app after using Watch for Tesla for years. I started having charging / sleeping issues that were confirmed as a 3rd party app issue (disconnecting the app connection from the car did solve the problems), so it was nice to stumble across a watch app that was bluetooth only. It's great to have some watch functionality back without an API connection.
Thank you very much for your feedback!