Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model S was stolen...again!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well she won't be going until August. So at least I'll get 6 months. I imagine I can wrangle getting the car the days she doesn't drive to Athens (2 or 3 days a week) probably until January. After that I think I might be following brianman's suggestion.

Well I am going to make a couple more S payments before I following down that road. I might just hold out with the Civic and get myself a maxed out Gen III. I really hope they have a hatchback/wagon variant at launch.

Depending on your commute you could buy or lease a nissan leaf or toyota rav 4 ev

Oh you naive naive man....

The fact that I drive 55+ miles a day, and she will only drive about 14 will allow me to use her argument about savings against her, at least until August. I am hoping to keep partial drivership of the car until January. I imagine some time in October is when I will actually lose the car except for weekends (I always wake up first!).

Depending on your commute you could buy or lease a nissan leaf or toyota rav 4 ev

I might be able to make a LEAF work. My commute round trip is 55 miles. But about 40 miles are interstate, and right now I drive 80mph most days. So if I slowed down and watched my range I might be able to make a LEAF work. The real problem is sometimes I have to drive 80 miles in a day. And my normal work location is at a 3rd party. So asking for charging wouldn't be proper (plus my boss explicitly told me not to ask for charging). But they have a LEED gold facility, and try to greenwash a lot. All I really need to do is bring up the fact I have an electric car, show up every day, and I think a EVSE or 4 might make it to the plant.

The fact that I drive 55+ miles a day, and she will only drive about 14 will allow me to use her argument about savings against her, at least until August. I am hoping to keep partial drivership of the car until January. I imagine some time in October is when I will actually lose the car except for weekends (I always wake up first!).

I might be able to make a LEAF work. My commute round trip is 55 miles. But about 40 miles are interstate, and right now I drive 80mph most days. So if I slowed down and watched my range I might be able to make a LEAF work. The real problem is sometimes I have to drive 80 miles in a day. And my normal work location is at a 3rd party. So asking for charging wouldn't be proper (plus my boss explicitly told me not to ask for charging). But they have a LEED gold facility, and try to greenwash a lot. All I really need to do is bring up the fact I have an electric car, show up every day, and I think a EVSE or 4 might make it to the plant.

The rav4 ev has over a 100 mile range! (tesla 40kw batterypack)

My wife, who swore she would never drive the S, did so this past weekend.

We had just arrived at my daughter's softball game, and found that my daughter's cleats weren't in her bag. Since I'm an assistant coach, she said she would go back and get them. After giving her a quick 15 second how-to on shifting, she was off. Of course I tracked her on the Android app, and saw her doing 75 in a 55 :scared:

When she returned, she said it was probably the best car driving experience she has ever had, and though she isn't a car person, she now has a better understanding of my obsession. She also said a Tesla could be in her future if they get the price down. Hopefully Gen III has a 250-300 mile range option for $60K.

I think my wife just "stole" my Model S :)

Took delivery of my car on Friday from the Rockville service center (great service BTW.) Yesterday was date night -- and my wife wanted to drive (and drive she did). This morning I go to the garage to check to see how my first scheduled charge went overnight... to my surprise my wife's Volvo is there but "my" Model S is gone... Telsa App shows it at the Pilates studio...

What a great first 48 hours!

Jason

Took delivery of my car on Friday from the Rockville service center (great service BTW.) Yesterday was date night -- and my wife wanted to drive (and drive she did). This morning I go to the garage to check to see how my first scheduled charge went overnight... to my surprise my wife's Volvo is there but "my" Model S is gone... Telsa App shows it at the Pilates studio...

What a great first 48 hours!

Jason

Maybe she was just showing it off and having done that won't take it again.

Haha. Ha, ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ElSupreme is in GA. Rav4 EV is only a CA ZEV compliance car and isn't sold outside CA (on the other side of the country).

Although some CA dealers are definitely selling them to folks out of state, it can be a challenge to get warranty work/service done on it.

:redface: Whoops... I'm MANY months late to this thread.

I bought my wife a Model S. She insisted on getting ELECHK (electric chick) as a license plate to help ensure I wouldn't drive her car too often. I was going to sell the Roadster, but she convinced me to sell the RAV4-EV instead - she said it was to make sure I was happy with my car long-term, but I now realize it was part of her plan to keep me from driving her Model S.

But now she keeps taking my Roadster! There is no way to win.

(I know, it is sad, I am stuck driving the Model S. But remember the license plate! PM me and I will give you my address so you can send me a sympathy card).

I bought my wife a Model S. She insisted on getting ELECHK (electric chick) as a license plate to help ensure I wouldn't drive her car too often. I was going to sell the Roadster, but she convinced me to sell the RAV4-EV instead - she said it was to make sure I was happy with my car long-term, but I now realize it was part of her plan to keep me from driving her Model S.

But now she keeps taking my Roadster! There is no way to win.

(I know, it is sad, I am stuck driving the Model S. But remember the license plate! PM me and I will give you my address so you can send me a sympathy card).
I'll send you a sympathy card, fear not.