Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My experience with Tesla Model X safety

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up in another X as of today. It is a 100D non-performance with 4000 miles on it. It is a local Tesla service loaner car so is 'used' but able to be sold as 'new' as it was never registered. It was in excellent condition.

The reason I really was updating this was the name my wife suggested and I used for my X. She is also a software developer.

The name: !DeerXing

C and the unix shells use != for not equal, it comes from the maths symbol .

Above via: What is the origin of != in the meaning "not equal to"?

So sorry about your accident. Glad you're doing ok and that you got another model X!

I live in South Dakota and am a first responder. I've actually responded to similar accidents with suv's where the deer will hit the front of the vehicle and go through the windshield and end up in the cab of the vehicle. It is pretty rare and it usually doesn't end very well. You are a lucky man.

• Love
Reactions: scottf200
What a terrible accident to be in! I'm glad to hear that your son stayed calm, I am sure it made all the difference (other than car being safe, that is).

Glad to hear you guys are getting another Xtreme vehicle and hope the recovery is going well?!

• Love
Reactions: scottf200
I really appreciate the kind words by everyone about the situation, my son, and my recovery. I have another surgery on Monday but am determined to keep moving forward. I'm dreaming about some roadtrips in the new X to friends, family, and new adventures. It will take a while for my wife to let me go alone (she has often has work commitments) ... but she does have the Tesla app on her phone and knows when I fill up at superchargers :) -- actually I used TeslaFI . com so she can easily track me via her work browser as well ;)

So sorry about your accident. Glad you're doing ok and that you got another model X! I live in South Dakota and am a first responder. I've actually responded to similar accidents with suv's where the deer will hit the front of the vehicle and go through the windshield and end up in the cab of the vehicle. It is pretty rare and it usually doesn't end very well. You are a lucky man.
I really loved your response and it helped realign my perspective as I need every few weeks.

Reactions: Big Earl and ModelX