Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang mach-e

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a had a quick look at one of these as I noticed it at the local Ford dealer. I only had five minutes.

Yeah, I don't think much of it, I can't believe people say Tesla's have a poor build quality, this think felt like a $35k car.

Door cars are flimsy, the door release button is mechanical in some awkward position, rear seat room is significantly smaller than the Model Y. The rotary gear selector seems pointless, along with the start/stop and brake buttons Climate control wouldn't switch on without the fob. The GT model had a nice dark headliner and suede seats.

Forward visibility also poor because of the Mustang styling.

Seems completely UN-compelling at the price.

Worth just checking it just to see however.

Just a had a quick look at one of these as I noticed it at the local Ford dealer. I only had five minutes.

Yeah, I don't think much of it, I can't believe people say Tesla's have a poor build quality, this think felt like a $35k car.

Door cars are flimsy, the door release button is mechanical in some awkward position, rear seat room is significantly smaller than the Model Y. The rotary gear selector seems pointless, along with the start/stop and brake buttons Climate control wouldn't switch on without the fob. The GT model had a nice dark headliner and suede seats.

Interesting, never got to see one in the flesh. I was interested when I was early into my EV journey, but as I researched further and further it became clear that Tesla were really the only player in the game.

Still would like to check one out, will have to keep an eye out to see if any pop up in any local dealerships.

I completely share your viewpoint. I am not particularly drawn to electric vehicles that attempt to mimic traditional ICE cars. Perhaps it's a personal inclination, but I am more inclined towards an electric vehicle that provides a distinctive and novel experience. The Model 3, with its horizontally oriented touchscreen and centralized control system, aligns well with my preferences. I appreciate the absence of numerous physical buttons, finding simplicity of the interface nice.

Have they fixed the issue where the battery interconnect would overheat and limit power with a single hard acceleration onto the freeway?
Dont know but maybe ford could try what I have had to do to stop my (indoor mounted) tesla powerwall box overheating hourly and disconnecting the solar breakers - remove all the covers to the sealed box and let some airflow happen.

That could explain some of the poor sales of that BEV. Will have to check and see if Monroe and Associates did a teardown and exposed more flaws.
Check out the cooling/heating system and hoses. That was what eliminated the MachE from my initial search.

Very telling that Sandy Munro said the Ford system was better than the ID 4

Last edited:
Looks and sounds like Mach-E is a zombie. Wouldn’t surprise me if Ford has given up on EVs, just hasn’t told anyone yet. Very few sales. There’s no hype, no rumors of new models. Just nothing. They’re going hybrid, at least for now.
I guess we wont see MSM outlets talking about bad Ford EV sales, just generalising with pictures of Teslas.

Ford probably dont want to sell EV's, like Toyota. Too much invested in their sales model of servicing, parts and Dino kickbacks.

Yep just "declining EV sales" headlines with a picture of a Tesla ignoring the fact that Tesla sales continue to grow
Yes. I find that fact even more amazing considering that in 48 states either entirely prohibit or severely restrict manufacturers from selling directly to the public. Some even ban service centers.
Interesting read:

Reactions: Jules22
Yep just "declining EV sales" headlines with a picture of a Tesla ignoring the fact that Tesla sales continue to grow

There’s a very big difference between the rate of sales growth declining, and sales declining. But you wouldn't know it reading many of the articles. Journalists and headline writers seem to think those two things are exactly the same. Else they know they aren’t the same, but decide accuracy and facts don’t matter, so why not use the more sensational line.

But journalists are journalists for a reason - they were probably better with words at school than they were with maths - and it shows in what they write.

Reactions: Jules22
I find that fact even more amazing considering that in 48 states either entirely prohibit or severely restrict manufacturers from selling directly to the public. Some even ban service centers.

We find that fact truly bizarre here… no such restrictions in any state in Australia. Isn’t the USA supposed to be the land of “free enterprise” where the “dead hand of Government” doesn’t tell businesses how they can and cannot sell their products?