Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS cameras problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 6 week old 2023 S long range. After Tesla service two weeks ago I have twice received error messages that one or more cameras are blocked (they are not). I have twice reset the computer using the two buttons on the wheel while underway and the problem resolves itself. My experience with Tesla service two weeks ago was so disappointing that I am hesitant to bring the car back in. Has anyone run into this problem before and is there something I can do myself to remedy? Thanks.

its Dark but I had a model Y for three years prior and never experienced this. If the cameras don’t work when dark is self driving only for day light.
Say what you will, it’s quite normal in my experience over 7 years in both a Model S and now a Model 3 when it’s very dark (most common for me on country backroads). As you rightly point out, Tesla service isn’t going to do anything for you on this.

November 13, 2023 - Got a new S today, in their new metallic flake "Stealth Grey" - looks pretty good. First night driving and yes, the cameras were "blinded" on my dark CT country roads. I thank this thread for the info that I am not alone and give back by saying this issue of being able to dismiss (or not even have) error msgs ain't fixed yet.

Picked it up in Mt Kisco, NY because CT does not allow sales of Company Stores. (My previous car was a silver Sept. 2013 P85 which
I used for 250K before the battery shut itself down last month - only lost 12% over the period. Sold it "as-is" on Ebay to to a guy in Tbilisi Georgia - it's in a container from Port Newark headed to him now...).