Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

MS 2016 refresh P90D range question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P90Ds price sheet noted the same. My sales advisor said when the P85D was around there was a 5kw bump in the battery...making it a P90D...slight price adjustment as well....apparently it was an option before they cancelled the P85D

apparently it was an option before they cancelled the P85D
This ^;)...also u note refresh with the new nose ? If so that was way past the P85D upgrade which was for the early P90s where u saw the battery range upgrade ..also check threads on degradation issues with the early 90 batteries ..in many cases ur P85D is probably better than an early P90D with a V1 or V2 battery :eek:

1E4219B7-4644-4CB0-9E7E-9AC9EBAE7A4A.png
8F34799E-F5FA-48EB-AD38-FA074C06834A.png
Look at these 2 refresh window stickers, check build date.

Yah the refresh came ~4/16 ...I would check for battery version if V1 or V2 ur P85D is better ;)..only V3 batteries were able to make the advertised specs in 0-60
Here are some battery numbers

1063792-00-A: V1

1071394-00-A: V2

1088792-00-A: V3

So I’m in the market for a refresh 2016 P90D with Luda.
I see some window stickers have said “battery range upgrade” with “included” as the price.
And others don’t have that terminology on there?
Any ideas?
this might have something to do with the P90D was really a P85D with a range upgrade to 90 kwh battery

My car is a P90D, was sold as a P90D, but the VIN registered with the ministry of transportation shows it as a P85D.

Perhaps they never considered the P90D a distinct car and it is considered a range upgraded P85D. Might have saved having to get it recertified with a bunch of money sucking government agencies. My car is a 2015. Wasn't sure when they stopped the 'range upgrade' nomenclature. Used to cost like $3,000 or something back then.

I'm also in the market for a refresh P90D with ludicrous mode. I started a thread polling facelift owners what battery version they have to see if there were any facelifted cars who had a V1 or V2...I was thinking they'd all be V3 by May 2016.