Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that is so awesome, I plan to do this route end of September or Early Oct, did you end up going to Disney World? I was thinking of hanging for 2 nights. Did you have any issues from Montreal to Albany, NY?

Yes, we did a full 1 month trip, including:

2 nights at St.Augustine (Beach)
2 nights at Fort Lauderdale (Beach & city)
3 nights at Fort Myers Beach
4 nights at Clearwater Beach
2 weeks at Orlando including:
7 days at Walt Disney World
1 day at LegoLand (was awesome, I highly recommend with kids)

Yes, we did a full 1 month trip, including:

2 nights at St.Augustine (Beach)
2 nights at Fort Lauderdale (Beach & city)
3 nights at Fort Myers Beach
4 nights at Clearwater Beach
2 weeks at Orlando including:
7 days at Walt Disney World
1 day at LegoLand (was awesome, I highly recommend with kids)

awesome, we were in Disney and Miami in January, back then no SC to Florida, there was a huge gap. This time I will do it. Where did you charge while at Disney? Oh yea Legoland should be fun, we have annual membership in San Diego, which includes Florida Legoland. Totally did not think to go to Legoland, THANKS!!

- - - Updated - - -

It's all in the details. Can you disclose some hints about the hidden Superchargers?

The picture below is at the shell gas station across the street from Harris Ranch. The SC is no longer usable, but next to it is a 100 Amp Charger, that can charge a roadster if the adapter is removed.

HR_Roadster_charger.JPG

Last edited:
awesome, we were in Disney and Miami in January, back then no SC to Florida, there was a huge gap. This time I will do it. Where did you charge while at Disney? Oh yea Legoland should be fun, we have annual membership in San Diego, which includes Florida Legoland. Totally did not think to go to Legoland, THANKS!!

Charging were easier than I initially thought. We tried two hotels during our 2 weeks stay.

First was the Blue Heron Beach Resort that offers very nice suites with kitchen (really are 1 bedroom apartment). Using Plugshare I found a 30A (two actually) station across the street at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Asked if I could use it overnight even for non-guest and answer was "Yes sure, there are free for everyone". So during 1 week I used it twice.

Then we went to the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek where the valet showed where we could find 110V outlet in the parking garage. Charged there 2 nights before leaving and going back home.

Charging were easier than I initially thought. We tried two hotels during our 2 weeks stay.

First was the Blue Heron Beach Resort that offers very nice suites with kitchen (really are 1 bedroom apartment). Using Plugshare I found a 30A (two actually) station across the street at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Asked if I could use it overnight even for non-guest and answer was "Yes sure, there are free for everyone". So during 1 week I used it twice.

Then we went to the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek where the valet showed where we could find 110V outlet in the parking garage. Charged there 2 nights before leaving and going back home.

great I will check out the Blue Heron, I normally stay at Animation Resort so I would not need a car while at Disney, the buses go everywhere I need to go. Charging on a 110V is not bad, but definitely last resort for me. You can always ask Nissan and Chevrolet. I have used both companies many times and they have been very receptive. I get the vibe if I was not charging a Tesla they would not let me charge. They ask you have a Model S right? not a Leaf or a Volt right, vice versa.

great I will check out the Blue Heron, I normally stay at Animation Resort so I would not need a car while at Disney, the buses go everywhere I need to go. Charging on a 110V is not bad, but definitely last resort for me. You can always ask Nissan and Chevrolet. I have used both companies many times and they have been very receptive. I get the vibe if I was not charging a Tesla they would not let me charge. They ask you have a Model S right? not a Leaf or a Volt right, vice versa.

Both hotel had shuttle / buses to the park. You just need to carefully check the schedules. We decided to use the car as it was more convenient with 3 kids and 2 strollers. Buying your park tickets with AAA gives you access to the Diamond (preferred) parking that are located very close (or next) to the handicapped parking (means closer to the park entrance). There are a couple chargepoint chargers at Epcot right at the entrance.

Otherwise I would like to mention that 110V charging when staying multiple night is much better than you would initially think. Its free and using the right adapter (NEMA 5-20) you can get 9km/h (5.6mi) which is worth 108km/12h (67mi/12h). Over 2 weeks we didn't go to the parks everyday (we needed some rest) so leaving the car plugged-in for 12h and more is not unrealistic. See:

IMG_3392.PNG
IMG_3402.PNG

IMG_3406.PNG

Both hotel had shuttle / buses to the park. You just need to carefully check the schedules. We decided to use the car as it was more convenient with 3 kids and 2 strollers. Buying your park tickets with AAA gives you access to the Diamond (preferred) parking that are located very close (or next) to the handicapped parking (means closer to the park entrance). There are a couple chargepoint chargers at Epcot right at the entrance.

Otherwise I would like to mention that 110V charging when staying multiple night is much better than you would initially think. Its free and using the right adapter (NEMA 5-20) you can get 9km/h (5.6mi) which is worth 108km/12h (67mi/12h). Over 2 weeks we didn't go to the parks everyday (we needed some rest) so leaving the car plugged-in for 12h and more is not unrealistic.

thanks so much for the info, I have charged on NEMA 5-20 before, I do agree, when on a long trip its no problem. I just wanted to know my options. I would more likely try to find a Nissan or other car dealer to would let me charged, I have had 100% with Nissan and Chevrolet so far.

Some info on the chargers and my trip so far. I am currently in Longwood, FL getting my 5k at 45,000 miles rotation. I went to Service Center in Tampa, but they were fully booked. Macon, GA SC is in a really dark town, clubs were within walking distance, and I just did not want to get out of the car. Savannah SC is in the Airport, to avoid paying the $1 parking fee, enter through the long term parking, then you get 2 hours free. Else I was told you can take your ticket to the reception inside for a validation.
Ft.Meyers_s.jpg
SC_90_s.jpg
Flat_S_pass_s.jpg

@tamman34:
A Supercharger Century is very impressive! Congratulations!!!

thanks Cottonwood, I will probably end the year at 102 or 103 depending any new ones. I tell you that stretch from Normal, IL to Salina, KS was tough. Charged 2 times at Nissan for a total of 15 hours each 5 hours on a rigged up Nema 14-50 from plugshare. I would have saved 5-8 hours if I meet Tom earlier. I have already recommended him for people traveling from Topeka to St. Louis. Topeka should be open any day now.
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Added Roseville and Truckee on a trip to Reno. Things are getting quite convenient! When younger we used to take a gas car and a different route, but have only flown (from Victoria BC) for ... decades. The Model S brings back the road trip concept, so much fun to drive, so smooth etc etc. Can't imagine how relaxing it would be with the auto-pilot hw/sw (and I don't mean the driver going to sleep) -- I'll have to stick with the "old" model.

Status
Not open for further replies.