Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if my only goal was to maintain my #1 ranking here, I would have stopped in on Friday or Saturday.... Perhaps I get a 1/2 point for car within 15 feet of supercharger....

Didn't really "need to" as I filled up in Gilroy. Just didn't feel like waiting for the third lap near 6pm.... Just didn't realize "pop-up" superchargers counted!

They were available for everyone over the weekend, and after 3:00 on Sunday. I do appreciate you not using them before the time trials though!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks though!
tried to give you reputation points just for that. It told me sorry, no piling on

Could have charged @ Laguna Seca (was full the entire time I was there), Vacaville and Farmington (kinda out of my direction of travel)
CAUTION: I do not recommend trying a trek to Squamish for U.S. owners, unless you have alternate GPS than on your console. Canadian AT&T does not recognize your car, you will be running with the SIM card GPS that is in your car ONLY.

I went to Squamish 3 times and had no issues. The SIM card GPS actually works really great. If you call Robin at the Robson St. center, she can get your 3G to work in Canada while you are there. I never got it to work, but she said she did add my vin# to the Canadian 3G list. Squamish is on the way to Whistler and is a beautiful drive.

I went to Squamish 3 times and had no issues. The SIM card GPS actually works really great. If you call Robin at the Robson St. center, she can get your 3G to work in Canada while you are there. I never got it to work, but she said she did add my vin# to the Canadian 3G list. Squamish is on the way to Whistler and is a beautiful drive.

Perhaps it is because I took the ferry over from Anacortes, WA via San Juan Islands to Sidney, BC, drove to Butchart Gardens and then took a second ferry from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen, BC.

The GPS was already acting-up on Vancouver Island, but when I got to Tsawwassen -- nothing.

After I arrived @ Tsawwassen, I was on a relatively new highway that DID not show up on my dash GPS at all.
The car kept telling me to exit, but it was mostly controlled by concrete barriers on both sides (some signs did indicate a way back to US, but I was headed NORTH to Squamish)
And there was almost NO OTHER traffic on that highway.
And there was a (jagged) blue line on my console, but it only had a light gray grid.
And there was either a single small bar connectivity on my 3G service, or mostly NONE>>>>

I took delivery of my car in June 2013, so perhaps I have an older version of GPS SIM card than what you have.
Or maybe because the car was in the hold of the ship for such an extended period of time, it disconnected and simply did not reconnect to the data source.
Or perhaps you simply drove over the border, and then back again, and your car never lost data connectivity.

I called and spoke with a Service Technician, and even though I am typically up for a bit of a good adventure, this event had tinges of the Twilight Zone.
No data connectivity, no viable GPS indications.
Oh, and of course to add to it all, there was road construction right where the car's SIM card GPS tells you to take a left, and it is now a long row of orange traffic cones.

I did switch the car over to km, just so I would have some amount of bearings and speed, although never really a good sense of where I actually was.
The second Service Technician kept telling me there was a Walmart on my left, but I couldn't see it because of the trees.
I did finally see it on the return trip (break in the trees).
I had brought a Road Atlas with me, but the scale of the (Vancouver vicinity) map compared to the complexity of the roads and bridges was basically useless.

The Service Technician said it is because Canadian AT&T is not recognized by the car.
Lucky Canadian Tesla owners have full access to US AT&T data plan.

Oh well..., maybe it was just a bad dream or something.

I'm currently in BC with a US car... I just made sure to cache some maps before crossing the border and we've been fine without 3G service. But then again, we're on a small island visiting my in-laws -- so know my way around well, and don't need any Nav assistance for the ferry rides and back to the border...

First post, so I thought I'd add'em up.

1. Flagstaff
2. Holbrook
3. Kingman
4. Quartzsite
5. Yuma
6. Hawthorne
7. Atascadero
8. Gilroy
9. Fremont
10. Buellton
11. Gallup
12. Farmington
13. Blanding
14. Moab
15. Grand Junction
16. Glenwood Springs
17. Silverthorne
18. Lone Tree
19. Cheyenne
20. Lusk
21. Billings
22. Rapid City
23. Murdo
24. Mitchell
25. Worthington
26. Albert Lea

I'm headed out on the road and will probably add a minimum of 18 new stops this month. Maybe the allure of "breaking 50" will lead to some detours:)

I'm currently in BC with a US car... I just made sure to cache some maps before crossing the border and we've been fine without 3G service. But then again, we're on a small island visiting my in-laws -- so know my way around well, and don't need any Nav assistance for the ferry rides and back to the border...

You should be fine. I did not even cache any maps and I was fine on Galiano Island!! Have fun and hope you stop by Squamish

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps it is because I took the ferry over from Anacortes, WA via San Juan Islands to Sidney, BC, drove to Butchart Gardens and then took a second ferry from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen, BC.

The GPS was already acting-up on Vancouver Island, but when I got to Tsawwassen -- nothing.

After I arrived @ Tsawwassen, I was on a relatively new highway that DID not show up on my dash GPS at all.
The car kept telling me to exit, but it was mostly controlled by concrete barriers on both sides (some signs did indicate a way back to US, but I was headed NORTH to Squamish)
And there was almost NO OTHER traffic on that highway.
And there was a (jagged) blue line on my console, but it only had a light gray grid.
And there was either a single small bar connectivity on my 3G service, or mostly NONE>>>>

I took delivery of my car in June 2013, so perhaps I have an older version of GPS SIM card than what you have.
Or maybe because the car was in the hold of the ship for such an extended period of time, it disconnected and simply did not reconnect to the data source.
Or perhaps you simply drove over the border, and then back again, and your car never lost data connectivity.

I called and spoke with a Service Technician, and even though I am typically up for a bit of a good adventure, this event had tinges of the Twilight Zone.
No data connectivity, no viable GPS indications.
Oh, and of course to add to it all, there was road construction right where the car's SIM card GPS tells you to take a left, and it is now a long row of orange traffic cones.

I did switch the car over to km, just so I would have some amount of bearings and speed, although never really a good sense of where I actually was.
The second Service Technician kept telling me there was a Walmart on my left, but I couldn't see it because of the trees.
I did finally see it on the return trip (break in the trees).
I had brought a Road Atlas with me, but the scale of the (Vancouver vicinity) map compared to the complexity of the roads and bridges was basically useless.

The Service Technician said it is because Canadian AT&T is not recognized by the car.
Lucky Canadian Tesla owners have full access to US AT&T data plan.

Oh well..., maybe it was just a bad dream or something.

You experience is odd, maybe cause my car is newer, I am vin 19,572. I had no issues getting to Tsawwassen, BC from Richmond. When I arrived Galiano Island, the GPS even showed me how to get from the Ferry Port to Bodega Ridge, that was 22km from the Ferry.

You experience is odd, maybe cause my car is newer, I am vin 19,572. I had no issues getting to Tsawwassen, BC from Richmond. When I arrived Galiano Island, the GPS even showed me how to get from the Ferry Port to Bodega Ridge, that was 22km from the Ferry.

My VIN is 12,2XX.

I had only one bar (at most) or no bars of connectivity while in BC.

While you were in BC, were you running GPS on your console, or only on your dash via the SIM card?
Did you have any connectivity while you were in BC?

The Service Tech on the phone suggested that the car needed to be sitting still for half an hour.
I charged longer than that at Squamish, but without connectivity, still nothing.

Cellular data roams just like cellular voice. This all has to do with how Tesla has set up their roaming plans on their large, fleet data plan. If you have issues, I suggest that you call or e-mail Tesla and ask them why they do not enable cellular data roaming in Canada. There are so many parts of the car from maps on the main display, to access with the app, to pulling logs from the car if there are problems that rely on the cellular data link to work. Tesla really needs to ante up and pay for cellular data on both sides of the border; they should pay for U.S. owners to roam to Canada and Canada owners to roam to the U.S.

My VIN is 12,2XX.

The Service Tech on the phone suggested that the car needed to be sitting still for half an hour.
I charged longer than that at Squamish, but without connectivity, still nothing.

My VIN is about 1100 older than yours...

FWIW, when we crossed back into the US, the car did not connect back to AT&T's 3G service. I had to reboot the center screen when we got to the Burlington SC, and then it connected (probably should have done that while waiting in line at the border...).

Anyway... I just updated my stats -- now to 23 superchargers visited. Added:

19. Harris Ranch
20. Tejon Ranch
21. Barstow (original -- the current mobile superchargers were still crated).
22. Las Vegas
23. Kingman

Now that our road trip is over, I'll probably sit at 23 for a while. Will add #24 after Cordes Junction opens, possibly on the AZ club lunch in Prescott in October...

35. Cranberry
36. Angola
37. Normal

I pulled into Cranberry 5:30 am on Sun Aug 10th to discover another WY Tesla already plugged in. How random is that!! Must've been you, Bighorn. :smile:
--

Yep, took a catnap from 4 to 7 in Cranberry. Wish I had seen your plate! I'm running into a bunch of forum people on this trip. I'm at the Jersey shore now--just got a PM from someone in Stone Harbor. Got a new drivetrain in Devon and my cicadas have left the building:)

Status
Not open for further replies.