Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modified (?) Model 3 climbing up a mud road in the rain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This is a year old. I'm surprised it took this long for me to see this. Is there a thread about this on here? Can someone summarize what happened? Was the car modified? What tires were on it? Thanks!

I can barely make time to watch a 48 minute show with my wife let alone a 48 minute YouTube clip of a stock Model 3 trying to get up the hill to Grandma’s house…

But of the 30 seconds I watched it looked like the challenge would be, as expected, tires and suspension travel / stiffness.

My RAV4–which like all crossovers was basically a puffy sedan—was pretty heavily modified and was about as capable as my stock TRD Pro 4Runner.

I’d expect a lifted AWD M3 with taller all-terrain tires, aired-down for increased grip, plus disconnected anti-sway bars, would be decently capable for “sOfft-Roading.”

Polish_20210808_101052270.jpeg
1612610605713.jpeg

Reactions: LoudMusic
I can barely make time to watch a 48 minute show with my wife let alone a 48 minute YouTube clip of a stock Model 3 trying to get up the hill to Grandma’s house…

But of the 30 seconds I watched it looked like the challenge would be, as expected, tires and suspension travel / stiffness.

My RAV4–which like all crossovers was basically a puffy sedan—was pretty heavily modified and was about as capable as my stock TRD Pro 4Runner.

I’d expect a lifted AWD M3 with taller all-terrain tires, aired-down for increased grip, plus disconnected anti-sway bars, would be decently capable for “sOfft-Roading.”

View attachment 1022028View attachment 1022029

Brevity is a lost art.

Usually it's not about the core vehicle at all. Tires and suspension do the brunt of offroading work.