Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moderator overplaying power to manipulate posts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been on online forums since before there was an Internet (remember dial-up BBS, CompuServe, BiX, PeopleLink?) No forum works with some kind of moderation, and no moderation works to the satisfaction of everyone. It's just human nature.

Yeah you can't please everyone. This is the only forum I've ever joined and followed. I guess I'm just a rookie, but I thought it would be less sensored.

It depends on which part of the forum you visit... the Investor's forum has in the past been a disgraceful free-for-all. If I remember correctly, it took some egregious personal insults, and even a threat of physical violence for someone to actually pay attention.

Rise, dead thread! Rise from the ashes!

Man, I started at the beginning not noting the date and was like, "who are some of these people, and what is snappiness?!"
I just have a question about reserecting old threads. Before I create a thread I try to search around to make sure I'm not creating a duplicate thread. Is it a faux pas to start posting on a thread that's been inactive for a certain amount of time?

I just have a question about reserecting old threads. Before I create a thread I try to search around to make sure I'm not creating a duplicate thread. Is it a faux pas to start posting on a thread that's been inactive for a certain amount of time?
Not necessarily, as long as the content of the old thread is relevant to the new content you're adding. If your new content/question doesn't really fit, just start a new one. But, in general, it's better to resurrect an old thread if the content matches.

• Disagree
Reactions: DillyBop
I agree with @efusco. I apologize if my comment made you think you'd defied convention. It was more intended to explain my utter confusion when I started reading it.

Kudos to you for looking and resurrecting the thread. Seems most nowadays just start new threads about the same thing over and over again. Not checking to see if it's already been/being discussed.