Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to wean myself down to once an hour.
I wish I'd never checked my EDD. When ordering in April, Tesla said we'd likely get the car in September which we thought was fair enough, but since we got the June EDD and have now bought the charge point, roof rack, key fob, mud flaps, console trays etc, I'm far too excited about it. My head's telling me it's not happening (original September delivery date + shanghai shutdown + parts shortage + lots of LHD cars going out + no ships on the way to UK <> delivery 3 months earlier than expected), but - WHAT IF???!!!

It would be very frustrating if people who have ordered at a later date get there car's before people who ordered earlier

Cars are not built to order, so if you order a very popular variant, and it turns out that Tesla have not made very many / enough of, then your car will come after someone else who placed a later order for an unpopular variant, which Tesla have made plenty of.

Someone else who has bought, for example, FSD may jump the queue on you. Not aware that has happened in UK, but has done in USA. May well be the case that at the end of Quarter any deferred collections, which are reallocated, might well be on the basis of "highest order value first". Not many cars available via that route, not going to make much dent in the backlog whatever allocation method is used, so might as well use "highest sale value" method.

now 25-30 June from the 05-30June it had been for weeks. Really not sure if this is good thing though, as feels these narrow end of Q dates might just be a placeholder to be bumped out

Best as MrM's shipping thread can tell there is no boat getting here soon enough for 05-June collection, so "05-30 June" was an intermediate rough-approximation EDD which has now narrowed to last-week-of-the-Quarter and is more likely to be based on either actual production, and boat schedule - or perhaps expected production in next few days, as a MIC boat will have to leave imminently to get here in time.

So barring something going wrong with production over next few days, or of course a problem with boat or the car arriving damaged / failing PDI, then I would regard this "narrowing" of EDD as meaning "fairly certain" :)

There is, however, a lot of uncertainty (this quarter, because of Shanghai lockdowns) as to what will actually manage to get here. For example all EDDs in NZ and Aus (also RHD) appear to have been cancelled in the last day or so.

Reactions: MistaB
Today my EDD has changed
3FC004A3-922A-4790-842C-243197959211.jpeg

Thanks - I guess none of us will truly know (including Tesla UK) until the vehicles are on their journey to us!

MY LR Red/White/Gemini 2nd March

EDD Moved at lock down from early May to 28 May - 25th June. That's fine all things considered except.....
........it has just changed to Aug 5 - September 14 Noooooooooooo........!

........somebody is taking a view on Covid+supply chain + shipping issues.

That's a big push back yet some have come forward. Maybe now they know what they have, what they will have and when they will have them.

Clearly there is a red paint/white seat shortage. It can't be the Geminis because some many have gone for 20".

And I, without any justification at all, was quietly confidant that mine had been built pre-shutdown and was languishing under a layer of dust in the car park awaiting a ship..... well.... "that ship" has sailed.

Now then......... shall I sell all these MY aftermarket bits and bobs in favour of buying a used MS? Second hand MYs are likely to be offered at a substantial premium.

MY LR Red/White/Gemini 2nd March

EDD Moved at lock down from early May to 28 May - 25th June. That's fine all things considered except.....
........it has just changed to Aug 5 - September 14 Noooooooooooo........!

........somebody is taking a view on Covid+supply chain + shipping issues.

That's a big push back yet some have come forward. Maybe now they know what they have, what they will have and when they will have them.

Clearly there is a red paint/white seat shortage. It can't be the Geminis because some many have gone for 20".

And I, without any justification at all, was quietly confidant that mine had been built pre-shutdown and was languishing under a layer of dust in the car park awaiting a ship..... well.... "that ship" has sailed.

Now then......... shall I sell all these MY aftermarket bits and bobs in favour of buying a used MS? Second hand MYs are likely to be offered at a substantial premium.
I'm thinking there is a blue paint shortage as well - that's a pretty similar push back to my Feb order - pushed to 6th Aug to 15th Sept a couple of days back - don't think we'll be the only two either!

Reactions: Wattsisname
I'm thinking there is a blue paint shortage as well - that's a pretty similar push back to my Feb order - pushed to 6th Aug to 15th Sept a couple of days back - don't think we'll be the only two either!
And yours was ordered in February! Are the mainlanders doing any better with their LHDs? It is all going south except for our MY trip to Italy...
... Go GF Berlin go go.....

Reactions: WhiteHartMart
My estimate has also just changed from “05 - 30 June” to “25 - 30 June”.

That could be taken as a sign that it is coming, however I just suspect it’s the furthest window they can give at the end of the quarter for it to be pushed out.

Have no expectation that the car will come this quarter.

MYLR/MSM/20/Black ordered in March

shall I sell all these MY aftermarket bits and bobs in favour of buying a used MS?

Camp on inventory - once it goes live. (Might be none this Quarter as perhaps they will be able to allocate all to unfulfilled orders) ... and then take whatever combination is acceptable to you.

And yours was ordered in February

Makes no difference - in the sense that only orders that were placed for option-combinations batches that have actually been built will be allocated.

Make sure you order the least popular, most over-produced, option-combination. Simples o_O

That could be taken as a sign that it is coming, however I just suspect it’s the furthest window they can give at the end of the quarter for it to be pushed out.

Yes, could be either, but I don't think they would change EDD from "broad to narrow" at this point unless your car is provisionally allocated from a batch that has either already been built, or is already in a schedule to be built before last boat leaves China "this quarter"

In normal circumstances I think that narrowing-change of EDD would be "as good as certain". This quarter I think it possible that (given your EDD only just changed) this may relate to a very late batch in the quarter and, as such, and given the parts problems they are having in Shanghai since the end of lockdown, there is still some uncertainty.

I could also argue black-is-white that your late EDD change is because of a "squeeze it in" batches being built because of updated info. on supply position, so your option-combinations has made it in, and others have been postponed. So that might indicate that people who already got a "Last week of June" EDD were already built, and your (relative late) change is because a late batch plan has changed, in your favour.

The only comforting factor is, that we're all in the same boat as each other, as possibly our cars. With EDD's moving doesn't really make any real concrete evidence of us actually getting our cars. We're clutching at straws, hoping to make sense of this challenging Q. I guess for some (me included) some glimmer of hope/ logic of a potential soonish delivery.

IMO the only thing to get excited about is when the first VIN is received. Then we know for sure cars are on a ship and on they are on their way. We can then hope we receive ours or keep an eye on the next boat. Until then feel free to track ships and hope/pray they come our way.