Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking out of the restaurant window I asked myself ‘which one would you pick?’ I already knew the answer obviously.

Attachments

• 0AC1143B-9A4B-448F-AE76-C2974B58A8A7.jpeg
    0AC1143B-9A4B-448F-AE76-C2974B58A8A7.jpeg
    905.8 KB · Views: 78
First service scheduled.. tested today and the high pitch whine is definitely present at 70 and makes travelling on the motorway for any length of time quite unpleasant. Only place it would let me book is Leeds though! It seems Manchester SC isn't doing servicing right now (I've heard rumours it's closing so it's possible).

I collected a MSM MY with Inductions from Bluewater today. The queue to be served was long and slow, and they even put out drinks and snacks which was different to my previous Thorpe park experience last November.

They are struggling with the Sahara dust that has hit the southeast recently and all cars on the top floor which had been exposed to dust weren’t being washed by their ‘waterless detailing’ team. In fairness to Tesla they are offering a £50 refund for customers whose car wasn’t prepped and who pay to have their car cleaned.

Thankfully mine was one of them and I drove it home with the red chalk pen letters inside the drivers window and the car covered in orange brown dust. I then did a proper cleaning job which means the paintwork is actually pretty good. No scuffs or scratches at all.

The Y feels great and the size up from the M3 is noticeable. Acceleration is more than adequate and the ride on the Indictions was good, even though the car had arrived from factory with 50 PSi in the tyres. The air hose needs some calibration in Shenzen. Also there is no Tesla logo on the brake callipers as with the M3. The MY is on a later software version that my current M3. The Ryzen response is noticeable and the car has the heated wiper and HEPA biohazard option in the climate menu. No sign of parcel shelf or cargo loading points sadly.

Very happy with it and this completes our transition to an ICE free family. The equity in my previous Audi paid for 9kw solar, Powerwall, MyEnergi bits and pieces and salary sacrifice deals for my M3 and my wife’s MY make for very cost effective motoring. Happy all round.

Attachments

• 4861ED96-7FF8-47B1-84B1-D1FF788B2A8B.jpeg
    4861ED96-7FF8-47B1-84B1-D1FF788B2A8B.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 47
  • E03D3831-5924-4083-9B74-1FC537A0E432.jpeg
    E03D3831-5924-4083-9B74-1FC537A0E432.jpeg
    862.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Had the tow bar fitted today. Dropped it off in Crawley at 9.30 and it was done by 11.30. You get a nice case for the lockable tow bar that is fitted by removing the plastic cover and pushing into place. Not as easy as the button press on my X3 but done in a few mins with practice I’m sure. They did a software update to add the ‘trailer mode’ that you flick on once you have connected the tow bar. It’s heavy so I will not be leaving in the car when not in use.

Anyone collecting on the 24th at blue water? My appointment is at 10:30 am. I’m really excited to collect the car would of been better if they had given the original pick up location of Brent Cross, I have a fear of public transport due to being on the tube during London bombings so will be a really expensive Uber ride

I collected a MSM MY with Inductions from Bluewater today. The queue to be served was long and slow, and they even put out drinks and snacks which was different to my previous Thorpe park experience last November.

They are struggling with the Sahara dust that has hit the southeast recently and all cars on the top floor which had been exposed to dust weren’t being washed by their ‘waterless detailing’ team. In fairness to Tesla they are offering a £50 refund for customers whose car wasn’t prepped and who pay to have their car cleaned.

Thankfully mine was one of them and I drove it home with the red chalk pen letters inside the drivers window and the car covered in orange brown dust. I then did a proper cleaning job which means the paintwork is actually pretty good. No scuffs or scratches at all.

The Y feels great and the size up from the M3 is noticeable. Acceleration is more than adequate and the ride on the Indictions was good, even though the car had arrived from factory with 50 PSi in the tyres. The air hose needs some calibration in Shenzen. Also there is no Tesla logo on the brake callipers as with the M3. The MY is on a later software version that my current M3. The Ryzen response is noticeable and the car has the heated wiper and HEPA biohazard option in the climate menu. No sign of parcel shelf or cargo loading points sadly.

Very happy with it and this completes our transition to an ICE free family. The equity in my previous Audi paid for 9kw solar, Powerwall, MyEnergi bits and pieces and salary sacrifice deals for my M3 and my wife’s MY make for very cost effective motoring. Happy all round.
That Grey looks great, I have the same spec....will pick up on Tuesday

Had the tow bar fitted today. Dropped it off in Crawley at 9.30 and it was done by 11.30. You get a nice case for the lockable tow bar that is fitted by removing the plastic cover and pushing into place. Not as easy as the button press on my X3 but done in a few mins with practice I’m sure. They did a software update to add the ‘trailer mode’ that you flick on once you have connected the tow bar. It’s heavy so I will not be leaving in the car when not in use.
Does one need to pay for the £1000 tow bar on the UK model Y if we’re just using it for a bike rack? I heard the fixtures are already present and we don’t plan on towing anything. Tried to look on other sleds but couldn’t find a definitive answer. Thanks