Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two RHD UK Model Ys at Thorpe Park right now ready for the test drives tomorrow. I was asked not to post the photos I took (until tomorrow, obviously) but both of them were on Induction wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport EV tyres. First time for me seeing the Induction's in person and it instantly made up my mind that going for them was the correct call. Shanghai VINs. Gorgeous car. Going to make the wait until next month all that much longer

I had the same. 🤷
Same here, hopefully a glitch as nothing outstanding to do in my account

See if you can have a poke about for any of the 2022 changes

In the Additional vechicle info look as to the processor.
View attachment 753109
also (slightly easier to tell) see if the rear window are double panels:
View attachment 753120
Did discuss the changes, and although they were aware, he was not sure when they will come into effect. Mentioned that Tesla have a habit of fitting and then announcing when they are about to go into customer's hands.

So no test driver has checked the cpu, windows or parcel shelf? Why?
I just saw the outsides so I couldn't check windows and CPU. Didn't see a parcel shelf. TBH, I wouldn't take it as a negative if the test drive models didn't have the new specs. They likely came in one one of the ships last year and may not have the stuff that's being built into the for-sale models coming to the UK next month. FWIW the VIN range was 158XXX on the test drive cars

Understandably early purchasers are keen to know about Ryzen, 12v lithium, parcel shelf and rear double glazing etc, but the more exciting proposition is cars from Berlin which will have the front of the car cast as one piece as well. I wonder if Berlin will supply any UK cars in Q2, as those Berlin cars will have front and rear castings as standard - and likely the other goodies listed above as well. All recent drone footage shows Perf and LR cars outside Giga Berlin, but no RHD yet.

Understandably early purchasers are keen to know about Ryzen, 12v lithium, parcel shelf and rear double glazing etc, but the more exciting proposition is cars from Berlin which will have the front of the car cast as one piece as well. I wonder if Berlin will supply any UK cars in Q2, as those Berlin cars will have front and rear castings as standard - and likely the other goodies listed above as well. All recent drone footage shows Perf and LR cars outside Giga Berlin, but no RHD yet.
I imagine they initially won't. Given there's far more LHD countries near by, I expect they'll follow a similar trajectory as other factories where RHD came later. In the first year, the output will be very low until they fully ramp, so I expect they'll concentrate on their primary configuration until then at very least.

If at all - could be they decide to have just a single source of RHD given the lower market demand compare to LHD.

All just my feelings/personal expectation - no real knowledge over the matter. Going off history elsewhere etc.

Pictures or it didn't happen 👍
Monring all,

Just back from the test drive which was a grey colour with 20 inch black rims.

I ordered the red but with 19's as people said the drive was hard, but having now driven it I would have taken the 20's in black. My other cars are a BMW X3 M40i and M135i and both are a firmer drive even in comfort mode.

I need a towball and they all now come with the fittings but without the neck attachment & could not confirm if they would charge just for a neck or Tesla Price for the whole towball which could be around £1k.

Not driven a Tesla before and admit I miss not having head up display and the big red speed limit in front of me, not a dealbreaker for us.

Love the red paint, so pleased with the choice.

Build quality was better than expected and other than swirl marks on the paint I could not find anything obvious.

The height diff between the Y and the 3 is very noticeable, and I think the Y is really the better choice of the 2.

Like the fact that the window opens a fraction when opening the door so not to damage the rubber seals.

It was raining - and there no rear windscreen wiper, which is for me is like wearing shoes without socks but again not the end of the world (RAIN-X is my friend from my Land Rover days)

Regenerative braking was noticeable and one peddle driving is very easy.

View out the front is brilliant, out the back is a real disappointment, but one will adjust accordingly.

Acceleration was comparable with my petrol engine M40i and M135i just without any engine noise.

Delivery for early orders will be around March

You can use your order number to qualify for the home charging Govt incentive, which is good as I thought you would need to wait for your VIN.

Mrs is petit and 5 foot, and the drive height and steering wheel adjustments were perfect for her. Worth noting for the smaller ladies.

The red car is a left hooker which you can ask to drive if you want an extended drive after your 30 min. The car we drove is grey.

Overall experience was brilliant, great service, answered all my questions including the impact to my order if I wanted 20's instead of 19's. I won't be changing the order 😊

Most of what I have written you will probably already know, but it doesn't hurt to share.

Regards

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_4134.JPG
    IMG_4134.JPG
    524.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4132.JPG
    IMG_4132.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4118.JPG
    IMG_4118.JPG
    558.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4117.JPG
    IMG_4117.JPG
    500.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4124.JPG
    IMG_4124.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 54
I just saw the outsides so I couldn't check windows and CPU. Didn't see a parcel shelf. TBH, I wouldn't take it as a negative if the test drive models didn't have the new specs. They likely came in one one of the ships last year and may not have the stuff that's being built into the for-sale models coming to the UK next month. FWIW the VIN range was 158XXX on the test drive cars
No parcel shelf in either of the cars that I saw.

A bit of super-sleuthing (not that it tells us that much)..

The model code for the UK LR is MTY09 and the same as the HK version, whereas the one in say Germany is MTY07
The model code for the UK Performance is MTY05 and the same as the Germany version, whereas the one in HK is MTY10

These codes usually point to a combination of battery and motors and a general sub model iteration (as you can guess, they are up to 10 iterations of the Model Y globally). You might therefore conclude that the MY LR we get will be closer to the HK version than the Eurpean one.

Also noticed that in HK you can order a Standard RWD MY but that uses a different code again..

Reactions: dog299
A bit of super-sleuthing (not that it tells us that much)..

The model code for the UK LR is MTY09 and the same as the HK version, whereas the one in say Germany is MTY07
The model code for the UK Performance is MTY05 and the same as the Germany version, whereas the one in HK is MTY10

These codes usually point to a combination of battery and motors and a general sub model iteration (as you can guess, they are up to 10 iterations of the Model Y globally). You might therefore conclude that the MY LR we get will be closer to the HK version than the Eurpean one.

Also noticed that in HK you can order a Standard RWD MY but that uses a different code again..
Presumably Germany will get German built LR and P. Will UK get German built P also. Hmmm

Presumably Germany will get German built LR and P. Will UK get German built P also. Hmmm
The german cars codes have been around for a while and China built cars so not that. Our LR has been out of kilter on the M3 LR for some time as we've had the smaller battery which may be the reason, but being a higher number suggests we're now getting something newer than the Germans.

Reactions: Campi