Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Suspension Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hell, no !!

I do put lug nut caps on though.
I have the dark covers and red caps. Mainly I just don't wanna store the covers.

Attachments

• PXL_20231123_225925494.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231123_225925494.MP.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: YisSerL
i was finally able to order MYP comfort suspension for 22 MYLR. CS mentioned it’ll avoid suspension warranty which I don’t mind. Cost estimation is 941 including installation. I’ll report back once it is installed.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
i was finally able to order MYP comfort suspension for 22 MYLR. CS mentioned it’ll avoid suspension warranty which I don’t mind. Cost estimation is 941 including installation. I’ll report back once it is installed.
You were able to order the MYP parts without a MYP VIN? Tesla SC has been extremely difficult when it comes to ordering parts not for your own vehicle.

I’m calling BS on the void warranty, those CS have no idea what they are talking about. They can only deny a claim since this isn’t the original part of your vin if you have any direct issues related to it, what makes it more infuriating is the fact they are willing to install, yet lack of support. Technically these are factory parts installed by “qualified” Tesla techs. They should support this.

Most of the time these low level CS have no idea what they are doing, best to get a master tech and senior to answer your questions.

Reactions: GOVA
Ah sorry i missed your original post. Before I swapped my 23 shocks for Ohlins, i felt they were just enough stiffness whle retaining some form of comfort for my rear passengers over smaller bumps, just not compliant under load. It's probably more to do wholistically with the rear end rather than the shocks themselves. I'm also accustomed to reactive suspension feeling the road.
Did you change all 4 or just the rears?

Reactions: hyp36rmax
I’m calling BS on the void warranty, those CS have no idea what they are talking about. They can only deny a claim since this isn’t the original part of your vin if you have any direct issues related to it, what makes it more infuriating is the fact they are willing to install, yet lack of support. Technically these are factory parts installed by “qualified” Tesla techs. They should support this.

Most of the time these low level CS have no idea what they are doing, best to get a master tech and senior to answer your questions.
question is. Why are you so mad? Regardless of seniority they are doing their job. No need to degrade someone for doing their job.

My car is LR and I’m installing P parts. It makes sense why they are saying it will void suspension warranty. I’m taking my chances and if i ever have an issue I’ll try to talk to master tech or etc.

Reactions: tm1v2
question is. Why are you so mad? Regardless of seniority they are doing their job. No need to degrade someone for doing their job.

My car is LR and I’m installing P parts. It makes sense why they are saying it will void suspension warranty. I’m taking my chances and if i ever have an issue I’ll try to talk to master tech or etc.
Not mad at all or putting it on you. I’m calling out Tesla. Haha sorry if I didnt communicate that properly.

Part of the problem and misconception falls with techs and cs who are not trained properly or have any form of nuance to the cars they service and sell. Is that the tech themselves? Maybe? It comes down to their lack of training and support.

Last edited:
Just put my Ohlins/Redwoods up for sale (Performance Sport), going with a new setup. For those that want to same some $$ and don't want to wait weeks/months to get a set, today is your lucky day:

Installation also available for locals. PM for quickest reply.