Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Standard Range Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m asking if anyone who has physically got a SR Y car and has verified what battery is actually in the car by checking the battery. You can Google it and find lots of people speculating their guesses. If you read what you linked it says it is just an estimate and it is a guess from before anyone has checked a car. That link isn’t even accurate on the LR version because they speculate 80 kWh on the LR. They actually printed it is estimated (* some numbers estimated).

I’m asking if anyone who has physically got a SR Y car and has verified what battery is actually in the car by checking the battery. You can Google it and find lots of people speculating their guesses. If you read what you linked it says it is just an estimate and it is a guess from before anyone has checked a car. That link isn’t even accurate on the LR version because they speculate 80 kWh on the LR. They actually printed it is estimated (* some numbers estimated).

Got it - I misunderstood the prompt of your question. Apologies for linking to an article that provided inaccurate information.

Reactions: Sunshine State
I wasn’t sure if it might be in the owners manual or something else. I assume you’re right about it being similar to the SR+.

hmm haven’t been able to go through the manual yet I have been swamped at work. I was really low on battery last night though so I did hit an SC at 7% and this is what I got for the charge profile:

142kw @ 10%
117kw @ 15-22%
100kw+ @ 22-30%
90kw+ @ 30-36%

besides those literal numbers it was estimating 30 mins for a charge to 85% from 7% which I don’t think is too bad for trips requiring a stop or two

ive got some ramps I can run the Y up on when I get back home and try to find the sticker on the battery. I wonder if that is something @AlanSubie4Life will be interested in unless it’s already been posted somewhere else..

ive got some ramps I can run the Y up on when I get back home and try to find the sticker on the battery. I wonder if that is something @AlanSubie4Life will be interested in unless it’s already been posted somewhere else..

No idea. I haven't seen this SR in the EPA system so really no idea. Didn't even know that Model Y SR existed.

All we need is for someone who has taken delivery to take the picture of their Energy Consumption screen as detailed here.

Would be interesting to see the battery label as well, it's pretty easy to do, at least on Model 3. I assume if there's actually a Model Y SR it would have the same pack as the Model 3 SR. But I didn't even know Model Y SR existed, so my guess is probably not a good one.

No idea. I haven't seen this SR in the EPA system so really no idea. Didn't even know that Model Y SR existed.

All we need is for someone who has taken delivery to take the picture of their Energy Consumption screen as detailed here.

Would be interesting to see the battery label as well, it's pretty easy to do, at least on Model 3. I assume if there's actually a Model Y SR it would have the same pack as the Model 3 SR. But I didn't even know Model Y SR existed, so my guess is probably not a good one.

I was going to get a shot of the battery pack label but it may not be necessary. When I did your pack capacity calculations at 40%, 60% and 82%, they all came out roughly the same: 53-54kwh. That’d be the same as the model 3 SR+ right?

last calc I did was at 82% showing 255 wh/mi and 171 remaining range.

Would we expect consumption to be noticeably lower than the AWD version?
Can't wait until these real-world numbers start getting posted online.
I want to make this Standard Range replace our Long Range RWD M3 and we are in a cold weather region.

For comparison, the no longer produced Long Range Model 3 (18" w/Aero covers) EPA range of 325 miles and Long Range Dual Motor Model 3 (18" w/Aero covers) EPA range of 310 miles, the difference in estimated range is just under 5% more for the single motor variant.

For the current Long Range Dual Motor Model Y, when preconditioning, the front and rear motors are used to generate heat to warm the battery and the passenger cabin. Each motor consumes 3.5kW while warming the battery, 7kW combined. It is unclear if the Standard Range Model Y will have the same amount of heating capability with only one motor to generate heat.