Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR faster than a Macan GTS!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny, I do often wonder if CarWow make more money from YouTube than the whole car buying thing.

It is a bit confusing, I thought that the AB only really makes a difference to the initial launch, but the Y still seems slower from the line but then passes at higher speed. Maybe the Macan is losing while it messes around with gears. Normally in these drag races we see the petrol car catching the electric as they get near the quarter mile.

Reactions: teaston and pow216
, I thought that the AB only really makes a difference to the initial launch, but the Y still seems slower from the line but then passes at higher speed

I think that is still possible:

Drag One: Slower, but gained over the second half. Still lost.

Drag Two: Lost out less on the launch, but still gained over second half (quite possible same as #1?). Won. (Maybe all the difference was in "Lost less in #2 at the Launch than #1"?)

I think that is still possible:

Drag One: Slower, but gained over the second half. Still lost.

Drag Two: Lost out less on the launch, but still gained over second half (quite possible same as #1?). Won. (Maybe all the difference was in "Lost less in #2 at the Launch than #1"?)
Quarter mile clearly isn't long enough for the Macan to reach it's top speed, which is 162 vs Tesla Y LR at 135 though. There's clearly a big drop in acceleration for the Macan after 0-60.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Is the HP figure quoted bhp? With AB enabled? I though the MY LR was more like 350 bhp?
Tesla don’t officially list the BHP/HP, always been different figures banded about for M3 & MY LR, I think that 430HP figure is possibly the total of the two motors added together, but because they’re driving different axles it’s not clear how much power is actually going to the road in comparison to a single engine that produces 430HP. I think on a rolling road it’s around 380HP.

For me, the thing I was impressed by is how good the "bog standard" model is. Even before AB purchase there was "nothing in it".

And that's the bloated-shape MY. The M3 and MS are a fair bit more nimble.

That's the reason why when I came to replace my original MS-P I just got a Bog Standard MS.

"Fine for everyday use" :cool:

For me, the thing I was impressed by is how good the "bog standard" model is. Even before AB purchase there was "nothing in it".

And that's the bloated-shape MY. The M3 and MS are a fair bit more nimble.

That's the reason why when I came to replace my original MS-P I just got a Bog Standard MS.

"Fine for everyday use" :cool:
Yes, very nearly as fast as a Macan GTS is plenty fast enough for my everyday use.