Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or there have already been some cancellations ...
Also, there are at least a few people who have reserved a Sig and a production X. Reason: if they don't like some of the features or the price of a loaded Sig they flip the deposit to Production. They reserved the production now because they did not want to go to tge end of the line if they declined the Sig.
also, if AWD S comes out before or at the same time they switch to S

The "planning for attrition" and "multiple reservation" arguments don't fly. If the attrition didn't happen imagine the (understandable) screaming from those ~100 customers who reserved a Sig and get told they cant have one; it would make more sense to start wait-listing people. Tesla is either filling known cancellation spots or there will be more than 1,200 North American Sigs.....

Where's Brian?

I'm seriously contemplating a sig reservation addition to my current regular reservation.

With the current supposed delay, it matters somewhat. We have a sales tax exemption for EV's that expires on June of 2015 for Washington State. I was expecting my regular X reservation to meet that deadline but it doesn't appear so right now.

So I will add a sig reservation to cover my butt. I don't really want a Sig since quite a few of the last Model S sig owners weren't too happy so I don't want to be on that boat.

The "planning for attrition" and "multiple reservation" arguments don't fly. If the attrition didn't happen imagine the (understandable) screaming from those ~100 customers who reserved a Sig and get told they cant have one; it would make more sense to start wait-listing people. Tesla is either filling known cancellation spots or there will be more than 1,200 North American Sigs.....

Where's Brian?

Attrition/Cancellations/Multiple reservations.......I do not believe TM is planning/counting on any of these when they take reservations. They will have some of all three but if they plan on say 1,500 Sigs and through these three phenomenon they have say 1,300 out of the original 1,500 subscribed they will offer the additional 200 Sigs to people in the production line and they will be quickly snapped up.

So I will add a sig reservation to cover my butt. I don't really want a Sig since quite a few of the last Model S sig owners weren't too happy so I don't want to be on that boat.

You need to address the reason why the other Sigs were unhappy. Some were unhappy because the productions started rolling quickly off the line at that point, I know there were a couple of production cars that were received before I received my Sig car. That, in combination with the fact that an equivalently-configured non-sig car cost $6k less, created consternation for some. Others were unhappy about panel alignment because Tesla was working the kinks out in early manufacturing processes.

Me? I'm sold on the Sig. I did get mine earlier than if I waited for production. I love the gorgeous sig red, something no one else can get without repainting it.

But I wouldn't over-generalize about Sigs. Make the choice yourself.

--FlasherZ, a happy Sig S owner and Sig X reservation holder.

If I was buying an X, I wouldn't buy Sig. Tesla lost my confidence in their value proposition w/r/t Sig brand.

If they offer a (front of the line) Sig option on Gen 3, I'll probably do it because the list will be long.

They must be filling known cancellations as I've heard from Lance at the Bellevue store that there will only be 1200.

They may genuinely be taking additional reservations until they know they will definitely sell all of them... there is a clause about overbooking in the reservation agreement, too:

7. Priority
We will establish your reservation sequence position in our sole discretion. We may decline reservations to avoid over-subscription or as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. If your reservation is declined, you will be notified and your Reservation Payment will be refunded.

Signature #1242 added yesterday
This is on top of regular #3801

I decided to take some profits in my Tesla options yesterday and put down a Sig X reservation to hedge delivery times. I'm worried the WA state sales tax exemption will be left to expire in June 2015 and our regular reservation might now run past there. Even with the "Sig tax," a Signature without sales tax will still be less than a regular X with sale tax. And we'd get it sooner. Or, if the tax benefit is extended and I don't like the pricing on the Sig, I can stick with the regular. Or who knows, maybe I'll like the X more than my S and we'll get both.

Basically, sold some options to buy some options. :)

Demand for the Model E is going to be even an order of magnitude more "jumping in the boat" than this.

No kidding. I posted before about sitting at the computer at midnight one spring night in 2015 hitting refresh constantly to get through to the page with the Reserve button with the Tesla web servers overloaded beyond redemption!

The $7,500 tax credit will go quickly too given that we'll be well on our way to 200,000 Tesla S/X sales by the time the first Es come off the line in 2017.

Back on-topic, congrats to all the new X res holders!